Highlighter not working

cursor display?

I did post a bug report, but not even sure if this is a bug (no comments from the peanut gallery please)

Started the ol’N today and I cannot highlight a track to edit it.

This has happened before when I pressed a button I shouldn’t have and the cursor becomes a four sided arrow to move tracks around…but usually if I shut down Ntrack and open it again the cursor is back to normal and I can highlight areas again…

Today is a sad day for jermkind for now I cannot edit me jingles and my jangles. :heart-break:

I thought maybe I pressed a wrong button or something as I have many times in the past and I needed to get the proggy to revert back to it’s defaults…so I re-installed Ntrack and it asked that very thing, I told it kindly not to use my current configuration but to use the default when it installed, however much to my chagrin this did not fix the problem.

anyone ever encounter this? is it a real bug or did I just click something I should not have and change the cursor function?

If that is the case I would appreciate if anyone would take the time to tell me how to get the cursor back to it’s original state that I can highlight once again.

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

Hi jeremysdemo:
That has happened to me several times… After remembering how I fixed this, I discovered the cursor up on one of the toolbars… If this is the issue you’re refering to… The cursor is up there… Just hi-light it and you’re back-in-business…

Bill…

Thanx for taking the time to read and respond my problem Bill.

I restarted the computer (which I do not like to do) and it fixed itself.

In the event that this happens again I would like to know what the “cursor” looks like on the menu bar and where it is…I have searched and searched for an icon and cannot figure it out…
I’m thinking maybe I mixed something up somewhere as I do remove things from up there when they get on my nerves, all those functions I don’t use and my touchy mouse that likes to click things on it’s own when the batteries are low…all of the sudden I will have lines going through all the tracks and I can’t get rid of them…man does that erk me…

I’m sure it’s great for people whom use all that stuff to have it readily available as icons but for me zoom in, zoom out, the mixers and VU meters is all I have used in ten years in that whole top area…and all that other stuff is just problems waiting to happen.

I guess I will make another plea to offer users a way to get rid of the “rewind” button again…man what a pain in the arse…10 years and NEVER have wanted to press it…but man how many times have I gone all the way back to the beginning of the song on accident while I am in the middle of being zoomed in and editing a spot in the middle?
I wish this was a piece of hardware, I would rip that button right out of it’s socket and be done with it.

keep shinin

Found that graphic in da’ manual.

“irk” not “erk” please? “erk” is for jerk as in; “UJ is a jerk.” - http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/irk

:laugh:

UJ

I’ve got a wireless keyboard and mouse as well…
They’re great till yea can’t find replacement batteries for them when they stop working…
I use the dollar store ones…
They are the worst kinds…
I mostly use them on my clocks…
Then I wonder why they are always running slow…
:p
Problem is, they got no lead and mercury in them…

Anyway,
on the main toolbar that I got setup, I find the “cursor” icon right next to the “Draw Envelopes” icon…

Whenever, I am without my “Cursor” icon when on the timeline, I navigate to the Toolbar and click on the “Cursor” icon and “poof”…
Back-in-business…

I found that one day (by accident) when I was doing an editing session, in the studio, and I lost the “Cursor”…
I spent all afternoon looking for a way to get the cursor…
I just gave up and went for a Big Nap…
:)
What a way-to-go…

Bill…

{edit]
I see said the blind man…
VVVVV
Thank you…

:peace:

Quote: (Unblown_Jonson @ Nov. 12 2010, 12:08 PM)

Found that graphic in da' manual.

YEah just as I suspected. that is not there on my program.

Next to the trash can I have the little black triangle..then the next one is that wav. with the lines through it (toggle editing mode) so I don't have the four sided arrow either....

Oh were oh were has my cursor tab gone oh where oh where can it beeeeee...(and more importantly how do I get it back not serendipitously)

(and please no grammar corrections on this one from a person that uses slang and words that don't even exist, der a bit hypocritical don't cha tink?)

keep shinin

Get the cursor Crow to nose-dive over yer puter… :) :laugh:

Bill…

That would be nice,

it is kinda ironic if you think about it…all those icons I never used in 10 years just sitting there (43 of them)…and one of the few I would actually need now and again, POOF! disappears on me!

whatever I did, I’d like to do it to the other 43 to give my self more viewing room and reverse it to bring back the cursor icon.

something is still not shakin, I re-installed Ntrack and back to defaults too and those icons are not there…maybe they are not in 5.1…but I could have sworn I remember them as far back as 2.3

I’m gonna run AVG though my whole system and see if I don’t got some kinda problem that is eating stuff…

keep shinin

Flav informs me it was the SCROLL lock button on my keyboard.

Maybe the batteries are going dead on it…'cause I don’t member pressin it.

Still have a request for my cursor Icon to return.

keep shinin

Quote: (jeremysdemo @ Nov. 12 2010, 12:36 PM)

(and please no grammar corrections on this one from a person that uses slang and words that don't even exist, der a bit hypocritical don't cha tink?)

Not at all! Just trying to help a brother out.

You are welcome!

UJ

Are n’s toolbars customizable? Is there a toolbar editor? Maybe you hid it accidentally and need to add it back to the toolbar eh?

UJ

AaHh…
You hit the nail on the noggin…
AND…
the toolbar can be loaded in any sequence…
Then press F-11 on your keyboard to fill the screen…

They say it’s almost like the R Editor…
I shouldn’t be Fascias… < Is that the correct spelling ?
:disagree: :(

Bill…

Quote: (Unblown_Jonson @ Nov. 12 2010, 2:03 PM)

Are n's toolbars customizable? Is there a toolbar editor?

You should know according to you you used N for years and we all know you.... :whistle:

keep shinin

Quote: (jeremysdemo @ Nov. 12 2010, 2:27 PM)

You should know according to you you used N for years and we all know you....

Whut? I haven't used n since V4 something or other. Jumped in a life raft and paddled away. I ain't no Edward John Smith... :D

My memory ain't what it used to be as well...

UJ

yeah you can say that again…

as far as some of us are concerned you didn’t paddle far enough away…

I mean I’ve seen Cubans make better distance on a inner tube without a paddle. :p

keep shinin

Why Jeremy… after all I’ve done for you? You wound me deeply. I think I’ll go home and cry in my party likker…

UJ

Quote: (woxnerw @ Nov. 12 2010, 2:19 PM)

Fascias.. < Is that the correct spelling ?

"facetious"

There ya' go woxnerw... write it down somewhere. There will be a pop test in the morning.

UJ

feces’

Quote: (Unblown_Jonson @ Nov. 12 2010, 3:06 PM)

Why Jeremy... after all I've done for you? You wound me deeply. I think I'll go home and cry in my party likker...

UJ

ther ther ole chap, don't get your knickers in a bunch.

Don't go away sad, just go away.

when life get's you down pick up the paddle and start strokin....till all your troubles are far behind you....

keep shinin