Hillbilly N-Track User

I haven’t noticed any bluegrass or old time country stuff, so I thought this would add something to the pile. Just follow the link.

Written by Claude Cantrell, Miamisburg, OH.

A Good Girl Gone Wrong

Good stuff, well done. I’ve been working on some Bluegrass and old time country but haven’t posted any. Most of the stuff I’ve seen posted here does not come close to your music, keep it up.

Don

Hi wretchasketch:
Thanks for that post… That’s real traditional Grass… Thanks for the link…

It was some years ago… I spent some time in central Tennessee in-and-around Sparta/Doyle looking for that kind of flavour… However, for the time I spent there I could find nothing that sounded like Bluegrass… Where you think it should be… there’s nothing like that stuff being played, there… However, there is a big Bluegrass weekend in Smithville. They come from all over the South/Central area , by the thousands for their Big Week… I missed IT by a week-or-so… the year I was in and around, there… :(

Your song covers a nice cross between traditional and comtempary Bluegrass… The more I play it the more I think I should hear a fiddle line in there… But that’s just my take on the Bluegrass I hear up here where I live…

My life-long friend played Dobro and Steel guitar… He tracked and covered Bluegrass Projects all his days… Depending on the project/songs he could play as trditional as there was… It’s so bad… he’s not with us anymore… He’d be “All-Ears” on your Dobro Player…

There’s Great disipline going on , there… Keep up the good work…

Bill…

<!–QuoteBegin>

The more I play it the more I think I should hear a fiddle line in there…

Hey, Bill and Don, thanks for the suggestion and the kind words. This is sort of a hobby for me. I am playing all the instruments myself. Unfortunately, I am not a fiddle player. The beauty of recording this thing a piece at a time is that I could always call up a fiddle player and replace the mandolin and one of the dobro solos with a fiddle. Not a bad idea when I get a few more of these done.

Mr. Tracy :)

Hi Again… wretchasketch:
I know… :laugh: Don’t we all become Arm-Chair Arraingers and Producers… when we hear the Creativity of Other People’s Music… A good Southern Played Fiddle is hard to find… Then, when you hear IT… It sounds so easy-and-simple… A good fiddle player has a way of makeing IT sound so easy… We have a few Bluegrass and Southern fiddle players around these parts… But it’s so hard to motivate them to stand in front of a mic and be creative… Playing live on a stage… now that’s different…

Bill…