History of Roxy Music

Tonight.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00r89ks

oh no im a day too late!! Roxy music & jarvis together its too good to be true…sh!!t
always fancied bryan when i was younger & jarvis totally fassinates me
my brother always said when he first saw roxy doing virgina plain on TOTP he had to take a week off work & he likes girls!!
i just love that glam style roxy music pionered

Yeah, I would’ve liked to have seen that.
Stoopid Geolocation won’t let me see stuff on iPlayer either.

All their progs run for a week - gotta be a way of bouncing it from somewhere.
It’s a great staion. Pure music lovers scene when listened to in conjunction with 6Music. I record a lot of the music documentaries and will be grabbing this one if I remember. I could squash it and stick it in me Dropbox.

Damn, missed this too.
Hey, Tony, bought a copy of “Here Come The Warm Jets” this weekend at an indoor flea market. I always like searching through the cd bins at these type places- you never know what you’ll find, and they’re cheap. Still trying to form an opinion of it, sounds a little velvet undergroundy.

Quote: (GeoffO @ Jan. 18 2011, 4:59 PM)

Damn, missed this too.
Hey, Tony, bought a copy of "Here Come The Warm Jets" this weekend at an indoor flea market. I always like searching through the cd bins at these type places- you never know what you'll find, and they're cheap. Still trying to form an opinion of it, sounds a little velvet undergroundy.

You're not wrong Geoffo. I love bying CD's (serious habit):-) Amazon, twice a week - mmhhmm:-)

That 'is' one amazing album. You got Apollo? D'you know the story?

your an angel tony i am so behind the times i never knew about bbc iplayer & i have just been able to hear the program tonight!!
have also dug out my roxy albums again if only i had something to play them on at least i can look at the sleeves they were so outrageously glam
havent heard hear come the warm jets for years… babys on fire was brilliant

Yeah I still like cds too, Tony, haven’t got into the ipod related gadgets yet (yet). I like having the artwork and lyrics etc…the physical thing itself. When I go to the garage sales/flea markets/used section of a music store, I get a similar feeling to when I collected baseball cards as a kid. Ebay’s also fun to poke around in.
What’s that Apollo story?

I’ve tried a few things (proxies, etc) to see the iPlayer from here, but nothing works well. Technically it’s not legal so I haven’t pursued it other then experiments.

BUT what I just realised is that the geolocation only applies to TV and not radio on iPlayer, so RESULT, I can listen.

Geoffo.
Apollo was written for the film “For All Mankind”, by Daniel Lanois (brilliant guitarist) and Eno. I believe the film was built extensively from the footage of the early Apollo missions.

Mark. Result!

Interesting, Tony. Can’t remember if I’ve seen “For All Mankind”- I’m getting it mixed up with other space documentaries. Apparenly Eno made the Apollo album in '83 and 6 years later it was chosen for that film. I guess they released a non-narrative version of the film with just Eno’s music; I thought that was a nifty idea. I don’t have that album but I might just scour around for it. Thanks for the heads up!

Quote: (TonyR @ Jan. 19 2011, 2:29 AM)

Geoffo.
Apollo was written for the film "For All Mankind", by Daniel Lanois (brilliant guitarist) and Eno. I believe the film was built extensively from the footage of the early Apollo missions.

Mark. Result!

OMG......haven't listened to Lanois for a long time. The guy is amazing in every way, great and different player, fantastic producer(U2, Gabriel)....but more than that, there is something very spiritual about his presence on stage. Go and listen to 'The Maker' :) :agree:

Concluding episode - now. The producer (keep forgetting name), of their second wave, has spent twenty odd years defending critism for it being too smooth and over produced - he laughs, “if only I’d had that much control”
:laugh:

GeoffO! Where do you stand on, film ‘with or without’ music? I’m massively opinionated.

Willy! You know Silver Morning? Beaut’.

Now …I’m easily confused :) ‘Silver Morning’ by Eno, or ‘Another Silver Morning’ by Daniel Lanois? :laugh:

Actually, both nice versions!