Homegrown Democrat

Works for me. :D

Quote (clark_griswold @ Mar. 27 2005,13:40)
I mean, there are more ex-Wisconsinites living in St. Paul.

Speaking as one of those ex-Wisconsinite "animals", everyone along the border there knows that Minnesotans have a strong (but completely unfounded) superiority complex over their neighbors across the Mississippi, despite the fact that thousands upon thousands of them cross that river each year to attend our "animal" universities. Evidently, people in both states recognize Wisconsin's higher level of education. But yeah you're right, we're animals. Clark probably lives in Edina or one of those other uptight suburbs where someone who doesn't use the proper salad fork is considered an animal.

So despite their claims, nobody in Minnesota really has a reason why they are "better" than the "animals" in Wisconsin, but everyone in Wisconsin is fairly certain that they are simply pissed that the Vikings, the closest thing Minnesota has to a football team, have never come close to winning a superbowl and never will.

Let me ask you Clark, is flagrant statism any better than implied racism?

nah, not gonna say it.

Say it Yaz, say it! LOL

Anyway, so what’s a “Wisconsin”, and what’s a “Minnesota”? ???

Ali

Wisconsin’ are cheese heads because they scrape the cheese off their teeth every morning.LOL

Minnesota’ are acutally californians dressed up in parka’s, cause they too had a ex wrestler/b-actor for governer.LOL

North Carolinians are ex-DOT people that forgot to clean up after paving the roads, why they call em TAR HEELS.LMAO

Then again I could be wrong. :D

Quote (TomS @ Mar. 27 2005,08:38)
Well, TG, I got values ranging from 1 % (for 1950, various income assumptions) to 15 % (for 1980, var. inc. ass.). :)

Ah, my bad Tom. I was changing income values and sticking with my birth year. I guess thats what "fixed" it at 16%. ???

Maybe. :)

TG

I got the same thing TG - so it might indeed be that simple.

Quote (Takayama @ Mar. 27 2005,16:00)

Speaking as one of those ex-Wisconsinite "animals", everyone along the border there knows that Minnesotans have a strong (but completely unfounded) superiority complex over their neighbors across the Mississippi, despite the fact that thousands upon thousands of them cross that river each year to attend our "animal" universities. Evidently, people in both states recognize Wisconsin's higher level of education. But yeah you're right, we're animals. Clark probably lives in Edina or one of those other uptight suburbs where someone who doesn't use the proper salad fork is considered an animal.

So despite their claims, nobody in Minnesota really has a reason why they are "better" than the "animals" in Wisconsin, but everyone in Wisconsin is fairly certain that they are simply pissed that the Vikings, the closest thing Minnesota has to a football team, have never come close to winning a superbowl and never will.

Not Edina, Wayzata. Edina is like Wisconsin.
Quote (clark_griswold @ Mar. 28 2005,11:19)
Quote (Takayama @ Mar. 27 2005,16:00)

Let's get to the real reason college kids go to school in Wisconsin.

Drinking.

Madison…weeeeeeehhhhhhaaaaaa!!!

I played a club there in the middle 70’s: The All-American Drinking Bar. That was truth in advertising if there ever was any.

AND…Go 'Heels!!! They (barely) beat Wisconsin yesterday as some of y’all might know. We got to keep this stuff tied together somehow.

da Badgers played tough, dontcha know.

TARHEELS!

Quote (clark_griswold @ Mar. 28 2005,12:04)
da Badgers played tough, dontcha know.

Wouldn't THREE big ten teams in the final four have been stunning? :)

North Carolina vs. Michigan St.= North Carolina

Illinois vs. Louisville.= Illinois

final game will be North Carolina over Illinois :p

Sorry Yaz, but Mi State is actually going to beat NC. so:

Illinois vs. Mich State. :)

Quote (clark_griswold @ Mar. 28 2005,11:19)

Not that I cared too much about what you said about Wisonsin (I've said much worse myself while living there), but I still felt some kind of duty to defend my home state. Could you elaborate though on what makes Edina "like Wisconsin?" I always heard it was the richest city in Minnesota.

I was kidding. Joke.

Edina is a fine place. very nice.