Honestly, UJ, I really intended to..

Honestly, UJ, I went down stairs a while ago to copy out those tracks so I could upload them, but I got distracted, and did this instead.

http://cookiefinger.bandcamp.com/track/grey-beard

:whistle:

I need a new harmonica. I blew this one out.

Love the harp.
And the guitar solo(s) is/are great.

Is that real drums or programmed?

Half real, half programed drums. I hate to say it, but I’m digging this little pocket pod.

Quote: (TomS @ Dec. 31 2010, 9:04 AM)

Half real, half programed drums.

Please explain
Quote: (TomS @ Dec. 31 2010, 9:04 AM)

I hate to say it, but I'm digging this little pocket pod.

And now you got me into "if I just had that one more piece of kit my recordings would be perfect" mode. It's like GAS but lasts longer.

So is that the "mini" or the "express" pocket pod Tom?

Mark. the snare and kick are samples played on a keyboard and then manually moved around here and there. Still not in the right places. Anyway, then cymbals are real cymbals overdubbed.

It’s the pocket pod that doesn’t have any readout or anything, just as cheap as it gets. Which is that? 50 bucks at guitar satan. They had a big stack before Christmas, still have a few there. I’m seriously thinking of someday checking out the really expensive one.

Quote: (TomS @ Dec. 30 2010, 5:05 PM)

Mark. the snare and kick are samples played on a keyboard and then manually moved around here and there.
Still not in the right places.
Anyway, then cymbals are real cymbals overdubbed.

It's the pocket pod that doesn't have any readout or anything, just as cheap as it gets.
Which is that?
50 bucks at guitar satan.
They had a big stack before Christmas, still have a few there.
I'm seriously thinking of someday checking out the really expensive one.

Yours must be the express - no readout. I got the next one up for
£60 odd. Can you download more setups?

No, it is what it is, and it isn’t much, but it sure is fun.
:agree:

Does yours allow downloads?

Quote: (TomS @ Dec. 30 2010, 5:27 PM)

No, it is what it is, and it isn't much, but it sure is fun.
:agree:

Does yours allow downloads?

Yeah, with VyZex organiser. It's pretty neet.

how many models in it, then?

Dunno!? Loads, with loads o’ blanks. I just drum up a few familiars that I’ve gotten used to - you know the script.
I’ll give it a good brouse or/and bung you a link to info.

Can “bung” be used as a verb? It sounds rude. :laugh:

Looks like 17 amps on yours, and about as many cabs. The express is really, really simple. 5 amps, with two verbs and delay, chorus, flange, and tremolo.

Quote: (TomS @ Dec. 31 2010, 12:05 PM)

Mark. the snare and kick are samples played on a keyboard and then manually moved around here and there.
Still not in the right places.
Anyway, then cymbals are real cymbals overdubbed.

It's the pocket pod that doesn't have any readout or anything, just as cheap as it gets.
Which is that?
50 bucks at guitar satan.
They had a big stack before Christmas, still have a few there.
I'm seriously thinking of someday checking out the really expensive one.

Ahhh, yes I've done drums like that in the past. Can give them a nice feel although it does take longer than just chucking loops together.

The price for that Pod is really good... except in NZ it's S199NZ, which according to xe.com is $150US !!!!

Might be cheaper to buy one here and send it to you!