Hook, Line, & Sinker

Here is a song I recorded. Critiqe welcome. Thanks for listening.
http://www.artistcollaboration.com/users/r4m/HookLine&Sinker.mp3

Hey Bill, your link is broken.

It’s because the forum is converting the ampersand into the HTML equivalent which is then messing the link. I tried to re-post a repaired link but it did it again.

Bill, I suggest you remove the ampersand from the file name on the AC server and repost the link.

For impatient folks just cut and paste this:

artistcollaboration.com/users/r4m/HookLine&Sinker.mp3

Really good sounding recording. The electric sounds fantastic and the song has a nice feel. I love the voice. That could be John Cowan singing. But is it panned a little left? That distracted me a bit.

It sounds like you’ve got a good bass sound, but it’s a little too low in the mix for my taste (surprise). I wished the drums would stand out more, too. They sound pretty heavily compressed.

Tell us about your recording setup.

KB

Hi rockin, good tune, great playing (guitars rock), excellent vocal, mix is fine.
The bass is a little lacking, not sure here, maybe a little high end eqing to put it more prominent in the mix. KBub is a true genious on getting the bass sounding great. Maybe he can input more here.
Enjoyed it! :agree:

Yaz :cool:

Actually, as far as I can tell, r4tm’s bass sound is already great. I think it just needs to be brought up a bunch so we can tell for sure.

I’ve given up on trying to get a good bass sound. I’m happy with doesn’t-suck-as-much-as-it-used-to. From now on, I’m doing my bass lines on piano.