Hooray for Bono!

I saw Bono & his wife take about the line of clothing they’ve just come out with. I guess they use African labor and don’t exploit them in the process. It’s great - combine entrepreneurial spirit/ideas with social consciousness & you get people like Bono.

<!–QuoteBegin>

His mission, however, is larger than selling T-shirts, shrunken blazers and slim-cut denim pants with metallic stitching. The goal is to build a brand that produces desirable and wearable clothing while providing sustainable employment and stable commercial relationships in developing areas of the world.

The collection — Edun is nude spelled backward — is co-designed by Bono’s wife, Ali Hewson, and Rogan, an established designer with his own clothing line that emphasizes organic fabrics and ethical guidelines.

God bless Bono.

Amen !

He was one of the 1st to have a heart for Africa.

Kudos to Bono for backing up his words with ACTIONS. This is the exception rather than the norm when it comes to mega-buck stars spouting their “ideals” I’m afraid.

Good for him. (And good for Africa!)

TG

Bono’s heart is without doubt in the right place.

Quote (Wihan Stemmet @ Mar. 16 2005,02:09)
Amen !

He was one of the 1st to have a heart for Africa.

Agreed! But Peter Gabriel was doing this kind of thing a long time ago but maybe with a lower profile!

By all means. He had a lower profile.

He especially had a heart for South Africa.

This from a website (bbc):

<!–QuoteBegin>

In itself ‘Biko’ is a song about the death of the anti-apartheid activist Steve Biko, but it soon became an exemplary song about the problems with apartheid in South Africa. It also started Peter’s involvement with world music on a larger scale. Because of the depth of the lyrics the album was considered to be Peter Gabriel’s finest so far. How little did the world know about what would become it’s successor

perfect timing in the light of the Sharpeville remberance day coming up 21st of March !

Cheers !

Wihan <---- (Proudly South African) (as from 1994)