Hope Obama gets re-elected

Man - I hope Obama gets re-elected. Not sure I could stand 4 years of Romney.

MT

Looks like our votes will cancell each other out.

Duff

http://www.jillstein.org/

:agree:

Duff - that’s OK because that’s what democracy is about.

The election is going to come down to just a few battleground states, like most of the recent elections have (except 2008 when Obama blew-out McCain). I think Romney has a real chance to win but it’s Obama’s to lose & I’ll be disappointed if he doesn’t get re-elected.

MT

Quote: (TomS @ May 23 2012, 4:01 PM)

A vote's a vote:-)

BTW - I just made this post to see if anyone was out there (although I do hope Obama gets re-elected). The old-timers know that I used to start a lot of invigorating debates here, and since I logged in as MT, I thought I would recreate the past for a moment.

Mike,

As an outsider, any opinion I hold is suspect but I think you have a radically different election in '12 than in '08.

No incumbent in '08 - but the GOP was hampered by W’s legacy; a disastrous choice of running mate, and a voting public anxious to demonstrate their lack of racial bias.

In '12 the issue of GOP running mate is, of course, still up in the air but I think it’s safe to assume there won’t be a repeat of the Palin fiasco. The legacy issue nows works against Obama rather than for him (look at his approval ratings) and the voting public doesn’t seem at all interested in the racial question (at least, not vocally).

Small prediction - if Obama fails to get re-elected I think it will be a l-o-n-g time before you will see another black president.

This fellow is thinking about it for 2016, and I think I’d vote for him:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cory_Booker

Tony, a vote is indeed a vote.
A turnip is a turnip.
Also, tautologies are all true!!
:laugh:

Tom,
A three term mayor? Of Newark, NJ? Really?

Bill - the election is indeed very different and I would not bet that Obama gets re-elected. I don’t really think the issue of Obama’s race is a factor but regardless of whether he gets re-elected or not, it may be a long time before we see another African American eleced as Pres.

Wasn’t Cory the guy who just dissed Obama’s relection strategy? He’s been in hot water for a couple of weeks.

Quote: (BillClarke @ May 26 2012, 9:53 AM)

Tom,
A three term mayor? Of Newark, NJ? Really?

Really. As Mike noted, booker put his foot in his mouth pretty badly last week, but that won't matter down the road. As for qualifications, Obama did not have the most extensive resume either. but more than that, he has the gift of gab. Exactly what brought both Clinton and Obama to the fore.
Quote: (MidnightToker @ May 25 2012, 11:36 AM)

BTW - I just made this post to see if anyone was out there (although I do hope Obama gets re-elected).
The old-timers know that I used to start a lot of invigorating debates here, and since I logged in as MT, I thought I would recreate the past for a moment.

"invigorating debates"?!? lol

I can't believe you're still soap-boxing on this forum after all these years.

Hi Gents:

I rarely reply to these topics of conversation… AND…
I’m not as politically minded as I shoud be…
However, sense the 9/11 incident I’ve noticed how the American Federal Government has changed…
I don’t think it’s for the “Good” of the average citizen…
What I seem to have noticed is how Washington has been removing and or altering the Consistution and the Bill of Rights from the average taxpayer…
AND…
Killing the independance of the Middle Class in your Country…
Washington appears to be creating Two Classes of People in your Country…
Can I say, the Very Rich and the People living on Social Handouts by Washington…
Canada follows the United States by about 5 - 10 years…
The people of the US and Canada appear to be giving their Rights=and=Freedoms away…
A little here and a little there…
AND…
there appear to be no out-cry by the people of either Country…
The peoples of the Western World appear to be following themselves into a Never-ending Military state of conflict with Countries that have different opinions than that of the Wastern way if life…
It’s never about building something positive within their soverine Countries…Just my opinio… Why not let those people decide how they want to walk down their own roads????
It seems to be about this New World Order…
AND…
a huge reduction in the population of the world… OR…
Am I Mistaken-and-Wrong, with the way I hear just what is going on…
AND…
Whatever happened to all the Wall Street Protests????

Bill…

Quote: (TomS @ May 29 2012, 4:08 PM)

As for qualifications, Obama did not have the most extensive resume either.
but more than that, he has the gift of gab.
Exactly what brought both Clinton and Obama to the fore.

The gift of gab, I'll give ya. But Obama had been a Senator - from Illinois - with extensive foreign policy education and training.

Clinton served as Governor (albeit of Arkansas - but still) and his foreign policy knowledge was truly extensive.

How can you compare municipal (and virtually parochial) experience to that? Newark, NJ for chrissakes. Last good thing to come out of there was Lou Costello. Now HE had the gift of gab.

(And don't say Sinatra - that was Scranton).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d47QpXtUSs

Quote:

I can't believe you're still soap-boxing on this forum after all these years.

Hey John - nice to hear from you! Well if you call logging as a MT after 3 years soap-boxing, then I guess I am still doing it - LOL!

Indeed, some of us are perpetually dense and still keep coming back despite this being more or less a ghost town.

To Mike’s original topic… I can’t see not voting for Obama. The Tea Party needs to disappear from American politics pronto so we might have some chance of intelligent discourse again. Having the left be the center and the right be crazy does none of us any good.

Gary Johnson has mine this year…

he is pretty good friends with members of the Green party too.

dontcare :cool: