Hope Obama gets re-elected

Quote:

Mike's original topic... I can't see not voting for Obama. The Tea Party needs to disappear from American politics pronto so we might have some chance of intelligent discourse again. Having the left be the center and the right be crazy does none of us any good.

When the Tea Party came out, I just assumed that they were all Libertarians, but then I realized that they were even more extreme than Libertarians. But we all need to move back to the center. Obama tried to do that with the economic issues but the right won't agree with anything he wants.
Quote: (Bubbagump @ Aug. 21 2012, 11:34 AM)

Indeed, some of us are perpetually dense and still keep coming back despite this being more or less a ghost town.

To Mike's original topic... I can't see not voting for Obama. The Tea Party needs to disappear from American politics pronto so we might have some chance of intelligent discourse again. Having the left be the center and the right be crazy does none of us any good.

I'm not American and don't really care about the outcome, but as an outside observer, and a close follower of my own domestic politics, I am sadly of the opinion that "intelligent discourse" in politics is gone, even largely in centrist politics.

Everyone wants a snappy one liner that'll "cut through" or are looking for a "gotcha" moment they can use to put the other side under pressure. How clever....

I got my wish! The President of the US can and usually important to the entire world.

MT