hoping 'The Onion' is behind this...

someone, please… tell me this is a joke…

http://www.venehammerschlag.com/worldjumpday/

isaac

Can’t we achieve the same thing by setting off some of them big ol’ bombs we have laying around taking up valuable space? Er… wait… that would probably be a bad thing… nevermind…

TG

and wouldn’t all the jumping cause a sudden increased rate of oxygen consumption?!..

isaac

Quote (idover @ July 25 2005,11:03)
and wouldn't all the jumping cause a sudden increased rate of oxygen consumption?!...

isaac

ACK! You are right! Let's use the BOMBS INSTEAD! Ohhh... nope... still a bad idea I suppose... Darn WHAT are those things good for?

TG

No, it is not a joke.

As I’m sure Yaz and others will confirm, Florida has its own “jump day” coming up soon; they’re trying to move the whole state up to Alaska before hurricane Franklin arrives.

ROFL, Tank that is so true.

Jump day, what a concept. Hey what if we have air day, everyone in florida goes outside at set time and day and blows to the southeast as hard as they can, blow dem hurricanes on out to middle of the atlantic. Oops, nevermind, way to many people on oxygen in florida. Bad idea.

Florida could have left turn signal on day! :D

Quote (YazMiester @ July 26 2005,06:31)
Florida could have left turn signal on day! :D

Err... Yaz? They already got that... Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday AND Sunday!

TG

Let’s organise an Anti-Jump day. We could organise a lot of people to stand on the opposite side of the world and jump at the same time, thus providing a counterbalance effect and really pissing off the jumpers :)