How's n-Track moving these days?

I mean ok, you have Sonar, Ableton, Cubase and ProTools and all those heavy hitters. Then you have the smaller stuff like Reaper and Tracktion and so on. I mean really, how many sequencers do we need? Seems to me like the market is saturated. Is there really anyone still using n-track?

You can still download, purchase and use n-Track and the developer is fairly responsive to support requests and future enhancements/bugs. So no… it’s not “dead”.

There are quite a few regulars here on the forum that use it regularly. I did also for many years but have since moved on but hey… whatever works for ya’ right?

D

"is N-track basically dead?"

that’s a loaded statement, It couldn’t be rephrased as “How’s ntrack working these days” or something else on the less negative side? For some reason it seems like people want ntrack to be dead.

While those other programs are fine programs they all have their own workflow and quirks. ntrack works better for me on most things.

To answer your question ntrack is alive and evolving.

One post from “Hugh Jass” and it’s a loaded question.

Flavio should just nuke this thread because it serves no useful purpose.

I agree. At least check the IP info - it’s most likely a username made up to disguise the user.

Hi Hugh Jass:

Go over to those Sonar, Ableton, Cubase and ProTools and all those heavy hitter Message Boards and ask that same question…
Then come back here and copy-and-paste the replies you get back here…

[EDIT]
Better still, Open-and-Ask the same question you ask on this thread …
Then post the thread/links back over here…

Do us a Big Favour… Hugh Jass…

Can you do that ????

I’d be quite interested in seeing the responses you get from those users…
on those Boards… by opening a similar thread on their forums…

Bill…

i admit it. i’m the hugh jass. my next super-clever name will be "wilma fingerdoo."

not.

sorry, got bored.

Quote: (john doe's evil twin @ Jun. 26 2009, 1:36 PM)

i admit it.
i'm the hugh jass.
my next super-clever name will be "wilma fingerdoo."

not.

sorry, got bored.

:laugh: "Wilma Fingerdoo" ROFL...

"May B. Thumb" :agree:

D
Quote: (phoo @ Jun. 26 2009, 11:12 AM)

One post from "Hugh Jass" and it's a loaded question.

I agree, far from it, a Mac version is in the works and product support is very good if not best in the industry. Some of my requests have already made into the program, thanks FLAVIO. I'm working on my 3rd album and I feel N-Track has done everything I could've every wanted from a home based audio studio. I've tried others like the ones mentioned, their all somewhat/very good but many are propitiatory in nature, meaning you need certain hardware and high system specs in order to gain all the benefits these programs have to offer. Not to mention a very steep learning curve, which these programs DEMAND in order to maximize their benefits. I feel N-Track is more user friendly and suited to a more varied set of systems and users. For the price, it blows the competition out of the water. N-Track is not dead, far from it. I say NUKE IT!!!

PACO

:agree:

Jason is bored
:laugh: wouldn’t ya know it!

Who is Jason? And why would we care if he is or is not bored?

D

Yep!! Familiar post.....like the other guy that pops in every now and then to say, n's dead, n's crap etc bla,blas,bla! Can't be bothererd to even look for his name. I mean ....why? If he don't like it, fine, don't use it.
Works for me and always has. Yeah, I agree with Phoo, nuke it
:agree:
Quote: (woxnerw @ Jun. 26 2009, 1:09 PM)

Hi Hugh Jass:

Go over to those Sonar, Ableton, Cubase and ProTools and all those heavy hitter Message Boards and ask that same question..
Then come back here and copy-and-paste the replies you get back here..

[EDIT]
Better still, Open-and-Ask the same question you ask on this thread ..
Then post the thread/links back over here..

Do us a Big Favour.. Hugh Jass..

Can you do that ????

I'd be quite interested in seeing the responses you get from those users..
on those Boards.. by opening a similar thread on their forums..

Bill..

Hey OLD guy...how about working on learning to write more coherently, k?

Now, about that avatar of yours...jeeez...I've seen better faces on an Iodine bottle! :)
You remind me of Dexter the Used Car salesman or Horace the Electical Supply-House counter clerk.
I'd just love to hear some of your N-track hack-trax. I'll bet they're just brimming with clicks, pops and xylophone samples. ???

oooooo, it’s on now. you just got served

Oh great. Now we’ll have to hear his xylophone solo again.

Quote: (Hugh Jass @ Jun. 26 2009, 10:22 PM)

Quote: (woxnerw @ Jun. 26 2009, 1:09 PM)

Hi Hugh Jass:

Go over to those Sonar, Ableton, Cubase and ProTools and all those heavy hitter Message Boards and ask that same question..
Then come back here and copy-and-paste the replies you get back here..

[EDIT]
Better still, Open-and-Ask the same question you ask on this thread ..
Then post the thread/links back over here..

Do us a Big Favour.. Hugh Jass..

Can you do that ????

I'd be quite interested in seeing the responses you get from those users..
on those Boards.. by opening a similar thread on their forums..

Bill..

Hey OLD guy...how about working on learning to write more coherently, k?

Now, about that avatar of yours...jeeez...I've seen better faces on an Iodine bottle!
:)
You remind me of Dexter the Used Car salesman or Horace the Electical Supply-House counter clerk.
I'd just love to hear some of your N-track hack-trax.
I'll bet they're just brimming with clicks, pops and xylophone samples.
???

Another dumb troll whose biggest talent is that he can hand out insults anonymously............Yawn!
Quote:

Another dumb troll whose biggest talent is that he can hand out insults anonymously............Yawn!

yeah, but someone got served...

I for one enjoy his banter,

it has been boring around here as of late, gone are the days of heated religious and political debates and a pond can use the occasional ripple of a carefully tossed stone now and again!

Clearly he is not here to make friends or do the back stroke, but the entertainment value of his post is what I recognize!
???

TO answer the question people still use Ntrack, all of my songs were recorded with it. it’s like any recording device it is only as good as what you put into it, and your ability to effectively use it.

keep shinin

jerm :cool: