How are corrupt U.N. officials viewed?

From a world perspective… of course

Son’s Payments on Deal Disappoints Annan
By EDITH M. LEDERER, Associated Press Writer
U.N. Corruption

UNITED NATIONS - Secretary-General Kofi Annan said he was unaware his son received $30,000 a year for over five years from a Swiss-based company under investigation in connection with suspected corruption in the U.N. oil-for-food program in Iraq
The disclosure of the payments was the latest embarrassment for Annan and the United Nations related to the program to help Iraqis cope with U.N. sanctions imposed after Saddam Hussein’s 1990 invasion of Kuwait.
Annan told reporters Monday that he had been working on the understanding that payments to his son, Kojo Annan, from Cotecna Inspection S.A. stopped in 1998 "and I had not expected that the relationship continued."
But on Friday, U.N. spokesman Fred Eckhard said Kojo Annan’s lawyer had informed the independent panel appointed by the secretary-general to investigate allegations of corruption in the oil-for-food program that the younger Annan continued to receive monthly payments through February 2004.
The program allowed Iraq to sell unlimited quantities of oil provided the proceeds went primarily for humanitarian goods and reparations for victims of the 1991 Gulf War.

Interesting… didn’t kerry and the Libs want the U.N. more involved in Iraq ?
Seems they already were … doesn’t it ? :laugh:

AbG :cool:

No doubt the Liberal Media will ignore this one … since they can’t smear the U.S., the President or the military …
Although… Rather Biased will have a lot of time on his hands soon … maybe ol’ Dan and Mary Mapes can falsify
some more documents for us !!!

Quote (Ali bin Gali @ Nov. 30 2004,09:23)
UNITED NATIONS - Secretary-General Kofi Annan said he was unaware his son
received $30,000 a year for over five years from a Swiss-based company

Capt. Kofi Renault ..... I'm shocked, shocked to find that corruption is still going on at the U.N. :laugh:

‘Round up the usual suspects’

interesting ...
kerry -- "I've met with foreign leaders who can't go out and say this publicly," he said. "But, boy, they look
at you and say: 'You've got to win this. You've got to beat this guy. We need a new policy.' Things like that."

Gee Ali, you are quite the master of repasting articles written by other people. Is this to cover up the fact that you don’t have any original ideas of your own and simply cannot express yourself? I, for one, am not impressed. Do you think anyone is? ??? You’ve definitely got a career ahead of you as a “fact” checker for Fox News.

Quote (Takayama @ Dec. 01 2004,00:23)
Gee Ali, you are quite the master of repasting articles written by other people. Is this to cover up the fact that you don't have any original ideas of your own and simply cannot express yourself? I, for one, am not impressed. Do you think anyone is? ??? You've definitely got a career ahead of you as a "fact" checker for Fox News.

I'll take that as one vote for corruption .... :laugh:

-

Soooooooo Ali uhhhhh what about uhhhhh dubya’s and cheney’s good ol’ boyzzzz at uhh let me see here…oh yeah just one, HALLIBURTON! for corruption…not enough space to list em alllllll from these bunch a crooks! :p

Quote (Ali bin Gali @ Dec. 01 2004,07:24)
I'll take that as one vote for corruption ....

You really do have a one-sided view of everything. Try looking at the big picture more often. Constructive arguments are much better than destructive ones. I feel sorry for you more than anything else. But feebs have just as much a first amendment right to speak their mind as anyone else, no matter how preposterous their ideas might be. Keep it up, G sharp! We will all definitely keep laughing at you.

So what has been learned here? That people from ALL over the WORLD are equally corruptible?

AWWW!! Say it is’nt so!

TG

I like you gtr4him. Not only for your response, but also you used a Neil Peart quote/lyric(?) in your signature. Rock on!!!