How can these be so cheap??

Hey guys

Has anyone seen this? I got this as spam in my email. Something’s gotta be wrong here, cause these prices are just waaayyyy too low. I checked out Sebilius, for instance, and it sells on the Sebilius site for $US599. They’re selling it for $40!!!

How can they be selling this stuff so cheap?

Sorry, forgot the link:
Cheap software

Link or something?

ARGH! Sounds loik Pirates me matey! The scurvy lot ought to be keel-hauled til their ribs show through…Argh!..

TG

don’t click links in spam. just don’t. :O

Pirates. Even the URL was changed, and will continue to evolve probably.

F.A.Q.
What you can say about your site www.oemsofts.com?
Our site is a warez shop, all software that needs registration is opened or has serial numbers. You can use it on any computers you want.

ARRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr…

i had no idea it was Talk Like A Pirate day. Thanks, TG! :p

teej

F.A.Q.
What you can say about your site www.oemsofts.com?
Our site is a warez shop, all software that needs registration is opened or has serial numbers. You can use it on any computers you want.

I know, I saw that too, but am not exactly sure what it means. Clearly these guys are operating on the edge of legality.

I certainly wouldn’t give them my credit card number.

.-=gp=-.

They aren’t operating on the edge of legality. They are conducting business in a clearly illegal manner. It’s not even close.

dimmer has a really good point. If you want a scary bedtime story go read the thread titled “about:blank” on audiominds. Clicking on spam links is one way this kind of thing happens.

Don’t be surprised if you pay but get nothing in return except your credit card used for other purposes.

Remember that if someone is willing to sell cracked copies (or actually stiff you on the purchase), they’re not going to have any honor with your credit card numbers.

You are taking your financial life in your hands…

Remember that if someone is willing to sell cracked copies (or actually stiff you on the purchase), they’re not going to have any honor with your credit card numbers.

You are taking your financial life in your hands…

Doesn’t paying for “warez” contradict the original motivation of the warez movement was all about? ie. the idealistic notion of free software for all???

Not condoning warez or anything just think it’s incredibly funny that someone is charging for warez…
Or that anyone would pay for them…

Rich

Rich, you’ve got it.
So here’s the guy doing the wrong thing by cracking the software, and then there’s the guy that wants to make a quick buck out of it.

Sheez…

<!–QuoteBegin>

Clearly these guys are operating on the edge of legality

Btw the words ‘warez’ and legality can usually not be used on the same page…

From the FAQ page :
<!–QuoteBegin>

I got the software and I am happy with it!!!
We happy, too.

I can’t to extract downloaded file, i see CRC errors.

You have bad download your order. Please, download again and use REGET DELUXE for download programs!!! it is free for our members:

These guys didn’t even master the English language properly.
Yeah - you wanna pay for some other guy (in a nother country)'s house/car/toy/wife/whatever, give them your CC number …

:D

Wihan

What happened to, “Talk like a pirate day”?

Notice the update date. Anyone wanna bet it get’s updated VERY often? I wonder if Mr. Boyer knows he owns a domain name? Just something to think about.

<!–QuoteBegin>

Current owner of kitprice.com

domain: kitprice.com
organization: xml-soft
owner: John Boyer Jr
email: momixfun@yahoo.com
address: 1435 San Ramon Valley Blvd
city: Danville
state: ca
postal-code: 94526
admin-c: momixfun@yahoo.com#0
tech-c: momixfun@yahoo.com#0
billing-c: momixfun@yahoo.com#0
nserver: ns2.xml-soft.info
nserver: ns3.xml-soft.info
registrar: JORE-1
created: 2005-03-24 22:36:07 UTC JORE-1
expires: 2007-03-24 17:36:06 UTC
source: joker.com

db-updated: 2005-03-31 16:04:24 UTC

Yur scurvy scaliwag matey BobDigi,
what d’ya mean with ‘talk loik a pirrate day’ ?
Arrrrrrr.

Quote (teej813 @ Mar. 30 2005,17:05)
ARRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

i had no idea it was Talk Like A Pirate day. Thanks, TG! :p

teej

AARRRRGGGHHHH! Savvy.