How do you go about posting a song?

posting songs

I’m new to N-track and I’m sure this is going to sound stupid but how do you go about posting songs.
Do they have to be copyrighted? what if they are not originals?
Does it cost anything?
I’ve listened to song postings and it was what helped me decide to try n-track and leave the analog world so now that I’ve completed a song I would like to post it to get some feedback (i’m sure there is plenty of room for improvement…)

I’m a bit new to posting myself, but I can tell you what I know. There are a few streaming websites where you can post songs for free. I have used “imgifted” and “soundclick.” I’m sure there are more. Anyway, post your song in mp3 form on one of these sites, then put a url link to it here. I believe that’s the way most people here do it. Anyone care to add to this? The streaming sites are also beneficial because there’s a chance for anyone online, not just in this forum, to hear it. Okay, peace out, brother. :cool:

I’m a bit new to posting myself, but I can tell you what I know. There are a few streaming websites where you can post songs for free. I have used “imgifted” and “soundclick.” I’m sure there are more. Anyway, post your song in mp3 form on one of these sites, then put a url link to it here. I believe that’s the way most people here do it. Anyone care to add to this? The streaming sites are also beneficial because there’s a chance for anyone online, not just in this forum, to hear it. Okay, peace out, brother. :cool:

Well, I can tell you what I know. There are a few streaming websites where you can post songs for free. I have used “imgifted” and “soundclick.” I’m sure there are more. Anyway, post your song in mp3 form on one of these sites, then put a url link to it here. I believe that’s the way most people here do it. Anyone care to add to this? The streaming sites are also beneficial because there’s a chance for anyone online, not just in this forum, to hear it. Okay, peace out, brother. :cool:

Sorry that got posted 3 times. Total accident! :D

Thanks for the info, I’ll check out those sites. I Think I’ve looked at soundclick already but I’ll have another look.
Appreciate the reply and happy holidays…

I have an earthlink email account. With that account I can up to 10 email addresses. Each email account allow me to have 10 Mbytes of webspace, each with a different http address. I use those sites to post the songs.

Keith

thanks sax that sounds like a good idea I’ll check it out