How Much Is Gas?

What are you paying for regular?

Round it to the nearest quarter.

As for the prices here in Norway, you don’t wanna know. Believe me. A full tank of gas is Mortgage City :(

Just paid $3.16 per gallon of regular. I gotta get a Prius. :(

Yesterday evening, 87 octane (regular grade)… self serve… fuel was 120.9 (loonies) per litre… This morning IT was down at 119.9…

That’s over $5.00 a gallon…

Here on the North American East Coast we pay more for fuel than anyone else, on the contennent, for IT… Our crude comes for the north coast of South America…

But… We ain’t gonna get any sympathy from people living on the other side of the Atlantic… They got us all beat for prices…

I fail to understand why the American People are getting the fuel as cheap as they are.

Out here on the East Coast we are paying as much as 0.15 a litre more than anywhere, else, in Canada…

We have reserves of Natural Gas off our coast that will never dry up in our combined lifetime… In fact… IT comes ashore here and goes right to the North-Eastern USA… We are being taxed for IT but we don’t get to use IT… Our Governments began taxing us for the exploration of IT way back in the '70’s… Saying we will get to use IT as the world supply of refined fuel reached 1.00 a gallon… At the time we were paying in the neighbourhood of less than .50 a gallon…

The stock markets are fooling the people… saying that the price of crude is over 70.00 USD a barrel…

That is the “Asking” price for a Barrel of crude…

People need to be told the REAL Price for a barrel of Crude… The Governments are “Biteing-the Hands-that Feed Them”…

With the present tax structure on heating fuel, I may not be able to afford to heat my home, next winter…

There was some 20% of the population here that was unable to properly heat their homes this past season… and this winter was one of the warmest winters on record… :O ???

Bill…

Well in the Yukon Territory, Canada it’s 1.25 Cdn per litre I’m not sure what that is in US dollars per gallon. I’m imperial dunce, except for weight and distance measurements.

Okay that’s 4.73 canadian for 1 US gallon. Say exchange rate at 85 cents that makes it 4.02 US per gallon outrageous EH!!!

Quote (woxnerw @ April 22 2006,16:28)
Yesterday evening, 87 octane (regular grade)… self serve… fuel was 120.9 (loonies) per litre… This morning IT was down at 119.9…

That’s over $5.00 a gallon…

Double check your math Bill. Boy I’m not going shopping with you eh. I’d let you buy lunch though.

Depends on what a sack of White Castles costs now days.

Hey:
Made ya look… IT may as well be 10.00 a gallon… I still can’t afford IT…
I’m seein people lookin at the pump with their nose up against the glass lookin IN…

Like a kid in a candy store…

Every yard seems to have three cars sittin in the yards… One for dad … one for mom… and one for the kids… That’s a lot of candy… chocolates… ??? :laugh: By the time you pay the insurance and maintenance on the Fleet… you don’t have a whole lotta cash left over…

What was IT? phoo said… A tank of gas and a loaf of bread?? :p

I go out in the drivway and look at the car and shake my head… Then I walk right past IT…

There’s gonna be a lot of cheap “iron and plastic” on the market, in the next few months…

Bill…

Motorcycle Bill. That’s the ticket. A motorcycle.

Do you ever wonder if this gas inflation is all a conspiracy to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Heck I’m sounding like a paranoid granola cruncher now. The cost of freon sure didn’t go up when the sky was falling last time. #### I hate snow anyway let it all melt.

My trustee Nissan Sentra was defintely a good buy, not regretting that purchase anymore. Hemi this hemi that, what is it with the North American automobile companies anywho?

I see you here…

I didn’t get a phone call this morning…

I guess I didn’t win the Super Seven last night…

Else’n they’re all kepin IT a secrate…

I guess you’ll have to wait till next time, for that Tele I promised you…

Anyway, I got four bags of lime to spread today… The sun is shinning…, The first time in over a week… I wantta get my dandylions going… :O :p

Bill…

<!–QuoteBegin>

Hemi this hemi that, what is it with the North American automobile companies anywho?

Speaking as someone indirectly employed by the auto industry, I can tell you. They have their heads planted firmly up their rectums. Witness the GM debacle, Ford is in trouble, Chrysler is not even Chrysler anymore… BIG THREE? Heh. BIG THREE STOOGES is more like it.

I currently own two Fords and one Dodge though. I keep hoping they’ll come around but I ain’t holding my breath.

D

I prefer public transport. Luckily, we have a pretty great system around here (at least in this area).

I don’t have a friggin car to maintain and I don’t need one. If there’s an occasion, I can get the model and size I need from a car pool company. Which happens less than once in two months. Cheap and environmentally sound.

(Of course, I might think differently if I’d gig regularly or own an SVT instead of Polytone… :cool: )

Here in pretty much rural North Alabama, there is NO public transportation. If there were a good reliable bus or rail system, I’d be on it in a heartbeat. Problem is, everything’s so spread out around here. No bike paths… and believe me, riding the main roads is practically suicide!

D

Big complaints about gas here. Just gone up 30% to $1.70 a gallon :(

Everyone stay home for a week and see if the oil companies can eat them barrels. Absolutly no driving for a week.

Quote (Bruffie @ April 23 2006,17:55)
Big complaints about gas here. Just gone up 30% to $1.70 a gallon :(

You must be an Oil Company Exec…

A Buck Seventy?

KingFish

Seems to me the price gouging is happening with our own govt. And now we are going to let those bozos in Congress investigate the oil companies????? Thats like having a wolf investigate a killing in the hen house. What a joke. Is congress that concerned? If they were they would cut back on the taxes at the pump. U buy a gallon of gas, 20% + of the price u pay goes to ur govt. Sweet deal. The same goes for a pack of cigarettes. The govt profits more from a pack than the tobacco companies.

If you want to boycott someone because of the price of gas, start with your own govt. Sheeeeeeesh!

http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub…ro.html

WHAT ARE THE COMPONENTS OF THE RETAIL PRICE OF GASOLINE?

The cost to produce and deliver gasoline to consumers includes the cost of crude oil to refiners, refinery processing costs, marketing and distribution costs, and finally the retail station costs and taxes. The prices paid by consumers at the pump reflect these costs, as well as the profits (and sometimes losses) of refiners, marketers, distributors, and retail station owners.

In 2004, the price of crude oil averaged $36.97 per barrel, and crude oil accounted for about 47% of the cost of a gallon of regular grade gasoline (Figure 1). In comparison, the average price for crude oil in 2003 was $28.50 per barrel, and it composed 44% of the cost of a gallon of regular gasoline. The share of the retail price of regular grade gasoline that crude oil costs represent varies somewhat over time and among regions.

Federal, State, and local taxes are a large component of the retail price of gasoline. Taxes (not including county and local taxes) account for approximately 23 percent of the cost of a gallon of gasoline. Within this national average, Federal excise taxes are 18.4 cents per gallon and State excise taxes average about 21 cents per gallon.2 Also, eleven States levy additional State sales and other taxes, some of which are applied to the Federal and State excise taxes. Additional local county and city taxes can have a significant impact on the price of gasoline.

Refining costs and profits comprise about 18% of the retail price of gasoline. This component varies from region to region due to the different formulations required in different parts of the country.

Distribution, marketing and retail dealer costs and profits combined make up 12% of the cost of a gallon of gasoline.From the refinery, most gasoline is shipped first by pipeline to terminals near consuming areas, then loaded into trucks for delivery to individual stations. Some retail outlets are owned and operated by refiners, while others are independent businesses that purchase gasoline for resale to the public. The price on the pump reflects both the retailer’s purchase cost for the product and the other costs of operating the service station. It also reflects local market conditions and factors, such as the desirability of the location and the marketing strategy of the owner.

BTW, even if the Oil Companies eliminated those retirement packages some of you are probably railing about, that would only account for a few days savings at the pump, no more. If I was in charge of running a company that had thousands of employees and that much money being spent and made, you can bet your arse I would want a huge salary and retirement package for having that responsibility. Honestly, how many of us would take a job and say: " Just give me the minimum wage, I don’t want to overburden the consumer we sell to" ?

Bob: Honestly, how many of us would take a job and say: " Just give me the minimum wage, I don’t want to overburden the consumer we sell to" ?

probably zero. But that’s not the point. I don’t have a problem with execs getting a higher salary. Nothing wrong with people wanting to climb the ladder and get rich if they’re prepared to play the game along the way. But CEO salaries are ridiculous now. And is there really any lasting responsibility for CEOs these days ? ####, some get paid millions just to quit.

Be not afraid. Shrub is on the case… WHOOPEE!

D