how to LOG ON for DUMMIES

forum rules

when you firat open the N Track forum you will be on the CHOICES PAGE - here you have the choice of three forums - if you LOG ON there you will gain full access to all forums and all topics -

if you chose a forum and then decide to LOG ON to that forum - you have gained full access ONLY to that forum and the topics it contains -

if you open a topic and decide to post a reply you will have to LOG on to do so - this gives you full access ONLY to that topic - you are not LOGGED ON either to the forum that contains the topic or any of the other forums and/or the topics they contain -

EDITING - should you wish to make alterations to a post that originates from you, then you can do so BUT ONLY FOR A LIMITED TIME - how long that time is is not stated but i think that it is related to the date on the server - when the date on the server changes then i looks like all topics prior to the change of date are locked out for editing -

QUICK POST - this area used to be character limited - i think it was limited to 256 characters - if post is below that limit then it will post straight away - if post is above that limit it may never post your reply -

this is why -

Powered by iF 1.0.0 Beta 5
© 2006 ikonForums - where have we seen that word BETA before ?

Dr J

Ahh… but it is Beta 5, not 4. It seems anything version 5 is much worse (DOS 4, n-Track 4, etc). 5 seems to be the “magic fixit” version for 4… :)

It seems the last day or two, my login problem has virtually disappeared. Maybe Flavio has used his magical fingers and fixed it…

Beta, first time I saw that word was Sony Beta Max, where is that format now? :laugh:

Quote: (DR Jackrabbit @ Sep. 10 2007, 1:55 PM)

when you firat open the N Track forum you will be on the CHOICES PAGE - here you have the choice of three forums - if you LOG ON there you will gain full access to all forums and all topics -

if you chose a forum and then decide to LOG ON to that forum - you have gained full access ONLY to that forum and the topics it contains -

if you open a topic and decide to post a reply you will have to LOG on to do so - this gives you full access ONLY to that topic - you are not LOGGED ON either to the forum that contains the topic or any of the other forums and/or the topics they contain -

Really? Wherever I log on I get full access to all areas of the forum. Perhaps I'm just lucky but I've not seen that behaviour on any message board.

I think you may be in a minority or have some weird browser configuration if that's how it works for you.

Flavio is definitely doing some magic. The avatar works finally for me.

just looked in the AVATAR section of my account - there is now a link to a server that was not present before - it looks like flavio forgat (untill today) to put the avatars on the server, thats why we no see -

Dr J