How to move a part of a wave file? Or is this a bu

So, I have this problem which is ANNOYING as hell: I want to move a certain part of a wave file. I isolated the part from the rest of the file by cutting it from both sides where I want the part to start/end. But now as I am trying to move the part a tiny bit to the left the whole friggin’ track moves! This is so annoying since I don’t want to move the whole wave file, just that little section of it! But -n track wont let me do it. It keeps on moving the whole track/wave file as I try to move that little part in the middle of the wave file.

Do I have to enable/disable some setting? Which one, since I didn’t find anything on preferences. Or is this another bug?

And the same thing happens if I copy a wave file and then if I try to move the copied track left or right or up or down the original track also moves with the copied part! What’s up with this?

right click on the part and click ungroup parts that should do it. same case with the copying. also make sure that the part you want to move is the only one selected. grouping parts seems to be a default behavior. I wish it was the other way around.

It works like this: If you want to move every file in the track you select them all by clicking the track button on the left ( where the name of the track is).

If you want to move just one part of that track, you click that part of the track.

You deselct by clicking empty parts.

You selct multiple parts cliking those parts shift pressed down.

Quote: (nramusic @ Nov. 13 2009, 9:31 PM)

right click on the part and click ungroup parts that should do it.
same case with the copying.
also make sure that the part you want to move is the only one selected.
grouping parts seems to be a default behavior.
I wish it was the other way around.

Hey thanks! This helped. N- track is getting more annoying to use with every update.

I know what you mean there man. I’ve used n for around 5 years now, and when it works, it’s ace, but just lately, there’s been one too many annoyances that were unexplained that just drove me over the edge. I didn’t WANT to leave n behind, but now, after using Reaper for about 3 months, I wish I’d done it sooner. Like I said, when n worked, it was sweet, but every so often, and for no apparent (to me, anyway) reason, it would just turn on me like a scorned wife. Maybe it was a hardware setup thing, I don’t know, but Reaper has ran on the same hardware, and I can plug in and go without it having a mindfart. The problem you had here with the grouping default setting being the wrong logical way around was the straw that broke this camel’s back.

Daz