how to record a meditation cd

starting out

Considering buying n-track studio to record a meditation cd. I bought cakewalk music creator II, but it was not at all user friendly for a novice like me.

wondering if n-track is more self-explanatory and wondering if it is going to walk me through the recording process.

I bought a good mic with an adaptor to allow me to plug it in - do I use the microphone plug or a line-in as I have read?

Also - what the heck is a wave editor and how do you get to it (I would have assumed an editing function would come with the software - correct??)

sorry for my ignorance, but any help would be appreciated.

Hello Meditative1,

Respectively:

I would say that n-track is easier to use than Cakewalk - but there is a bit of a learning curve. As with any new tool it takes a while to get the hang of how to use it. N-Track is pretty much plug-n-play, once installed the default setup will usually work if you’re using default hardware. If you use a separate audio card for recording then you will need to set it up - it’s not difficult at all.

Always use the line-in jack - The mic-in jack usually has some sort of impedence matching pre-amp on the card - They usually sound crappy too.

A wave editor is used to edit/tweak a single wave file. Audacity is free and quite good

Audacity home page

Goldwave is another - although not free. Soundforge is very good, but quite spendy.

N-track does have some editing features, but for the purposes of fine editing an external wave editor is preferable.

Download and install the shareware version and play around with it a little to see if it fits your needs. I think if you give it a little time you’ll get the idea.

.-=gp=-.

n-track won’t “walk you through” the recording process but neither will any other software. You will need to learn a few things to do what you want to do.

Can you be specific as to how you envision proceeding? Are you envisioning adding a spoken word track to a pre-recorded track of music or natural sounds or something like that?

Ommmmmmmmmmmmm…

Just go to the beach and record 74 minutes of surf rolling in… slap it on CD. DONE!

D - Ommm…Ommm… Ommm my this is getting boring… Slap on a Floyd CD willya?

Pardon me while I meditate on this… ohm mama wansum mho… ooooohhhhmmm

Owa Tagu Siam… :p

Eyup!

Well dang my um… wassit, thingy, buggrit… memory

There is an application that does the meditation stuff. You dial in the kind of thing you want and adjust leve & frequency of the surf, rainfall, bird twitterings etc.etc. but I can’t remember what it’s called

Steve

<!–QuoteBegin>

…but I can’t remember what it’s called

Nature?

:D

Atmosphere Deluxe?

Available - here.

Eyup!

<!–QuoteBegin>

Atmosphere Deluxe?

No, that wasn’t the program, but that’s exactly what it did Bill.

Steve

Wasn’t it Dorothy who said there’s no place like Om?

Meditation CD? Can’t be done.
You really need a 12 inch LP cover to roll a good smoke. :p

Eyup!

<!–QuoteBegin>

Meditation CD? Can’t be done

Just hang them by some thread in your favourite tree, you’ll be mesmerised in minutes.

Steve