How to record vocals well????

Quote: (bright lights tonight @ Jan. 12 2011, 2:38 PM)

i spose we could make poppas baffle quite
easy & we will def put toms load of pillows in the room

... or you could use the old trick from Sound On Sound and just hang up a couple of duvets.
More wet laundry should work too :D

I got a pair of purple shorts you could hang up… :) :p :laugh:

Bill…

Packing blankets from the movers. :agree:

Tina, you say you are doing everything the same, but didn’t you also say you changed rooms?

Good performance, good room… all you need. If you don’t have a good room, track it in a DEAD room like a coat closet. Also, don’t get sucked into the large diaphragm condenser club. It seems everyone and their brother thinks they need some cheapo LDC these days. A good old dynamic is often the ticket especially in less than ideal rooms. I think the phrase I have heard is “Dynamics suck the suck out of a room”.

well it sounds like weve got nearly evrything… a dynamic mic in a small room full of washing… all were missing is a pair of Bills purple audio exciter shorts :laugh:
shes not all there & born to snooze were recorded in a bigger bedroom before my youngest outgrew the box room then we changed round so evrthing else weve posted here & on our website was done in the box room Tom

Bet the different room is the difference in the recordings. I personally was very, very surprised with how much of a difference it makes. In my old house there was this one single spot where I could set up a mic and get the most amazingly good sound.

I can remember a project we worked on and we needed sweet acoustic track to add to the beds…

SO, instead of doing it the studio, we ran a pair of mic lines into the front room and recorded the session into the computer…
When we listened to the capture, all we could hear was the traffic down the street on the strip…

It was a shame… We couldn’t find any way to use the traffic noise in the track…

I didn’t have my Lucky Purple Shorts on for that session…
:laugh:
:p

What a Magic Guitar Track, it was…

Bill…