Howard Dean=excited repubs.

Yes!!!
My dreams (political) have come true!
Dean is in charge of the Dems!!!

I am curious what my left-leaning friends here think of the new boss!
( I am really interested, no sarcasm!)
Some say that he returns the party to the original ideas it espouses, and some say Dean is too radical (both left and right!)

Response? :D

I’m thrilled. Dean is not as left-wing as you guys have tried to define him. He did alot of good things in VT. Don’t under-estimate his abilities.

But why do you care, you guy’s are in power now. Do you want/need more power?

HeeeeeeeYyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!! :D

I dunno if he is left wing or what, but I do know that he is an honest politician, and we need as many of those as we can get these days, givne the corruption and abomination that is in charge. I also think Dean’s values are rightly placed - no fear of science, no fear of reason, no fundamentalist or corporate agendas, just a concern for people. Democratic leaders are here to serve us, not the other way around as Bush/Satan seem to think. I sort of hope repubs are happy. that’ll make for some fun. :)

Quote (phoo @ Feb. 12 2005,01:14)
HeeeeeeeYyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!!! :D

I was thinking the same thing. It's a shame for him, but I really think that his moment of over-exuberance may have cost him the primary; he gained the stigma of being a "nutball" after that little scream thing.

I actually think Dean will be a good thing for the dems. I was just curious how some of you felt. The scream thing is a great example of how a soundbite can cost you a great deal. His excitement was genuine, if a little weird:D , but it shouldn’t have cost him as much as it did. I think, really i do, he would have had a better chance than Kerry, as close as it was. I think, hindsight being 20/20, that he might have swayed some more independent voters.

As a washington, “outsider”, he may do well as the chairman. It wasn’t a question of power, just perspective!

As for his politics, he will have some clarification to do as he seemed to differ with mainline dems when he began the primaries. Not sure if that was a ploy, by either side, but much remains to be seen about the direction he takes, more center or more left!

Somehow a person showing exuberance in a primary speech is worse than a President that can’t say “nuclear”. How does he pronounce it… nuculer. How pitiful for all of us…

<!–QuoteBegin>

he would have had a better chance than Kerry, as close as it was. I think, hindsight being 20/20, that he might have swayed some more independent voters.

So you are saying he would have beaten Bush? I don’t think the Republican spin machine would have allowed a man with a brain to run this country. They couldn’t fault him on intellegence, so they attacked his sanity cause he showed emotion.

The closest Cheney gets to emotion is a smirk.

Lastly, it amazes me how intellegent, thinking americans can bury their heads in the sand when it comes to their politicians. They will turn on Fox News and lap up the latest nonsense spin of world view that the corporate lackies churn out. They will take that view as Gods word and decide we should all live by it or you are anti-american. The truth being that the corporate view is far from Gods view and could easily be heralded as the current anti-christ. ???

think before you respond

Mike

Wow… Sounds like DrGuitar is dealing with some pesonal issues that he hasn’t come to terms with yet.

Do you feel better now that you’ve gotten that little rant off your chest?

Quote (John @ Feb. 12 2005,17:48)
Wow... Sounds like DrGuitar is dealing with some pesonal <sp?issues that he hasn't come to terms with yet.

Do you feel better now that you've gotten that little rant off your chest?

No John, I have come to terms with it. I just can't understand how intellegent people, such as yourself, can so easily fall into line behind the anti-humanitarianism/pro-corporate diatribe of the current administration. Did I miss the part of the bible that says "ignore the needy" or that "we are all equal as long as we are rich" ? Where does the current administration get off pretending to be moral? Is it moral to build current US policy so that it favors the corporate establishment and is detrimental to the vast majority of American people?

Lastly, if you can not see this is going on, how sad for you. Or maybe congratulations is in order. Ed McMahon will be knocking on your door soon...

I have a question that you can answer. How many people here have been so poor as to have lived on the street? How many of you have been that poor?

And if you can't answer that question, then how can you really judge what is best for the huge poverty stricken section of the American public?

think about that one...

Mike
I just can't understand how intellegent people, such as yourself, can so easily fall into line behind the anti-humanitarianism/pro-corporate diatribe of the current administration.
Yeah & he's a sensitive musician, with a Democratic girlfriend too?!?! :laugh:

As usual Dr. G, you & I are on the same page.

Ever wonder why the press went after Dean so hard? My conspiracy theory is that it was right after he said he was going to regulate/break-up the media companies. I think they all decide to cook his goose after that.

Mr Soul
Quote (DrGuitar @ Feb. 12 2005,15:43)
I don't think the Republican spin machine would have allowed a man with a brain to run this country. They couldn't fault him on intellegence, so they attacked his sanity cause he showed emotion.

I don't think one can throw stones when you put sentences like this together...

Spell check before you respond...

Nothing wrong with that sentence (that a good “liberal” can’t understand) ???

<!–QuoteBegin>

I think, really i do, he would have had a better chance than Kerry, as close as it was.

I don’t think so. Despite the swift boat lies & smear, Kerry almost won as it was. Bush won by the smallest margin of any incumbent in history (as I understand it).

Mr Soul

Wow- an honest question asking for honest feedback…and this is the return.

Maybe, just maybe, the rant is symptomatic of some deep feelings DG has about the current administration!:D
I can’t even respond to the conspiracy, fox news conglomerate, big-brother, poor-hating rant! I just wanted thoughts on Dean.

Let’s just keep it light, boys! Despite the fact that GWB won, and by a 3 million vote margin, it was pretty close. I was just speculating that a different “kind” of candiddate might have gotten even closer.
:laugh:

Oh…GWB can’t be the anti-christ…according to Daniel’s prophecy, it will be someone from a renewed Roman empire…

Plus…no rapture=no tribulation=no anti-christ yet…

unless your a postmillenialist which…

never mind!:laugh:

I don't think one can throw stones when you put sentences like this together...

Spell check before you respond...

Cheap shot clark. You're better than that. :(

Ali

Opinions vary.

No one seems to have the courage to answer my question. Who here has been so poor as to have lived on the street? If you have not been that poor, then how can you decide what is right for the poverty stricken in this country?

Pastor, the current anti-christ is the american worship of money. The current administration is in bed with corporations whose only agenda is the bottom line. There is no humanitarian side to the corporate issue. It is truely anti-Christ’s view.

And Clark, I apologise for misspelling intelligence. If that is your answer as to why you are a selfish, egotistical, narrow-minded, leech in this world, I hope it can help you sleep at night. I believe that God and Jesus teach us to HELP others, not steal their oil or take over their land. Maybe if you were a child living in Iraq, you might understand what hunger is about. Or what it means to have your parents killed “by mistake”. Americans are amazingly clueless. Only the soldiers know what is going on. You need to start listening to their stories. And turn off FOX network. THat is just a total lie.

Mike

Quote (DrGuitar @ Feb. 13 2005,12:42)
And Clark, I apologise for misspelling intelligence. If that is your answer as to why you are a selfish, egotistical, narrow-minded, leech in this world, I hope it can help you sleep at night. I believe that God and Jesus teach us to HELP others, not steal their oil or take over their land. Maybe if you were a child living in Iraq, you might understand what hunger is about. Or what it means to have your parents killed "by mistake". Americans are amazingly clueless. Only the soldiers know what is going on. You need to start listening to their stories. And turn off FOX network. THat is just a total lie.

Mike

Dr Guitar,

Not sure what I did exactly to incur your insults, I simply pointed out a misspelling. In two posts, actually.

Your assumptions about me, frankly, paint you as clueless, uninformed, bitter and sad. I won't take up time defending myself to someone like you. You think I am some right winger? Yup, I was when I played HS hockey. Not since.

But, I am more than happy to be a punching bag for you and your ilk, even if I have never seen Fox network. Ever.

Sleeping just fine at night,
C
Quote (DrGuitar @ Feb. 12 2005,19:07)
I have a question that you can answer. How many people here have been so poor as to have lived on the street? How many of you have been that poor?

And if you can't answer that question, then how can you really judge what is best for the huge poverty stricken section of the American public?

think about that one...

Mike

If you have change in your pocket, you are wealthier than 85 percent of the world. So, I have the gut feeling Doc, that ain't nobody on here been that poor. I do hear where you're coming from though.

WE have set up this mess we are in with political leadership issues. In order to get elected in the first place, one has to be RICH to get the attention of other political leaders and the fickle public. If you don't have some serious money, you don't stand a chance. It's sad but true. How to fix it? I dunno but I do know this, party affiliation don't mean a thing. Both sides are equally corrupt out of necessity to get and maintain power. I guess thats one reason I don't have any party allegiance whatsoever. They BOTH suck! :D

TG

EDIT** Back to the original topic... I'm glad the Dem's chose Dean. Maybe they can shift the balance back towards the middle somewhat. You know, fix it so the ploitico's don't SUCK quite as bad as usual!