Hugh Jass and Flanders

Typed words most of the time loose the human inflections that can make them funny or sarcastic and less serious.

Look at it this way…

I hate you.
You suck.
Bite me.

What do I really mean? With no personality to go with the statements they could mean almost anything from face value, really hating someone, to the opposite of the actual words.

If someone you know well and known as an outspoke person grinned and smiled while saying you suck to something you did then it would be taken in a different way than a stranger you’ve never met walking up and getting in your face and yelling you suck angrily when you almost run over them.

Which way did I mean those statements and who did I direct them to?

Quote: (Iwont Tell @ Nov. 05 2009, 10:59 AM)

Humour is difficult, sometimes. If you don't explain it, somebody is gonna get offended. If you explain it, it's not funny, and somebody is still gonna get offended.
Strange game. Only way to win, not to play.

I:-T

Your avatar is scarey.
Quote: (phoo @ Nov. 05 2009, 12:34 PM)

If someone you know well and known as an outspoke person grinned and smiled while saying you suck to something you did...

HAHAHA :laugh:
I probably did that.
More than once
:whistle:

I hate you!

:laugh:

Quote: (phoo @ Nov. 05 2009, 3:12 PM)

I hate you!

My maaan! I love you too :laugh:

Hmmmm… that sounded more than a little gay. :p

…hmmmm…what have you been keeping from me? :heart-break: :whistle:

Nothing re my… uhmmm… preferences :)
Besides that, a whole lot, as I’ve said NOthing.
I’ll try to fix that within the next couple of days :)

shall we leave you two alone? :laugh:

Quote: (flanders @ Nov. 05 2009, 12:26 AM)

Quote: (jeremysdemo @ Nov. 04 2009, 10:09 PM)

YEah,

my little bother said he likes your older stuff better,

Good luck with the tour tho, I hope you get more stops than the two that were previously listed on your myspace, and the zero listed on the home site. (this reminds me of the Anvil tour of 2007)

Tour

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

Lol.
You're a gullible impressionable silly wabbit.
I'm not in AX7.

no kidding! lol

You still have the xylophone career going for ya tho.

keep shinin

jerm :cool:
Quote: (EZee @ Nov. 05 2009, 12:42 AM)

Quote:

Ezee - I see your point.
The idea being: take the least aggressive action possible that is consistent with the desired goal.

Tom, if that's what you got out of my posts, then no, you didn't get my point.

But, I accept full responsibility for my failure to successfully communicate.

And.........

What the **** anyway! It's only the Internet, not real life!
???

EDIT: Goddamit! I go away for a couple of years, and when I come back, not only do I find mods on the forum, but what's worse, I can't say **** anymore!

:D

Ain't it great living in such a politically correct world?
:whistle:

I dunno, I thought the approach I mistook for yours a pretty good one. Straight out of medieval "just war" theory. :agree:

Well, Hugh, have a good tour. I agree, the music section is just too dead, I post whatever crap I record no matter what, I think everyone else should do the same, esp. because so many are in fact so talented, both technically and as composers.

Anyway, who are you really touring with? If you don't tell us, I'm going to assume that it is Bitch Slap.

The band:

http://www.mixerman.net/

Perhaps Hugh is Lance?

Kidding, Hugh!

Ooo, that is good phoo…

Quote: (flanders @ Nov. 05 2009, 9:07 PM)

[quote= >... not to play.

I:-T[/quote]
Your avatar is scarey.

Good, good.
It fits, then.
Quote: (TomS @ Nov. 06 2009, 2:32 AM)

Well, Hugh, have a good tour.
I agree, the music section is just too dead, I post whatever crap I record no matter what, I think everyone else should do the same, esp. because so many are in fact so talented, both technically and as composers.

Everyone is so nice on the song forum.

I don't do nice very well. Also, I don't think the music is all golden, no disrespect. Not saying that mine is, either.

You might think I'm a negative sort of person. Be that is it may, doing the feel good pep talk thing would not be honest on my part. So mostly I don't comment.

Quote: (Iwont Tell @ Nov. 06 2009, 12:37 PM)

Quote: (flanders @ Nov. 05 2009, 9:07 PM)

[quote= >... not to play.

Your avatar is scarey.[/quote]
Good, good.
It fits, then.

It looks like a hybrid morph of Robert Palmer, Heidi Klum and Ted Kennedy. Did they get together for a menage trois at Chappaquiddick once?

Either that or David Bowie all juiced up on Prednisone. :laugh:
Quote: (Iwont Tell @ Nov. 06 2009, 1:12 PM)

I don't think the music is all golden, no disrespect. Not saying that mine is, either.

You might think I'm a negative sort of person. Be that is it may, doing the feel good pep talk thing would not be honest on my part. So mostly I don't comment.

I always believed that this was the place to get opinions that would help.
And honest opinions about what does or doesn't work in your opinion on whatever song version that's posted.
Expecting to likely make changes from that.
Cheep help from quality people.
If I post one I say is finished, I hope someone that knows better will speak up and say your forgetting about this or that.
Maybe more forum categories like "It's ok, it's crap, kodo me"
OR "Only Honest Need Reply", would work.

Heck, I know that I don’t write or record stuff that is at Craig’s or Tommy’s or Hugh’s or…whoever’s…level - but I have no expectations about it either.
Making music is about making music, and even making crappy music adds to the beauty in the universe. Anyone who says its sucks, I’m likely to agree with them. Anyone who doesn’t recognize that it’s worth making anyway doesn’t get existence. :)

Well I’m not sure what your getting at by saying you have no expectations.
You must expect it to be what it is don’t ya?

JackAss?
Complete bs.