Hurt So Bad

First writing since…

First attempt at writing since FAWM!!

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10065556

Love it. I especially appreciate the fact that you mix your voice up where it should be. Drums are Battery again? Did you program them?

In the chorus you could put just a little thing in the background, like a piano doing very simple arpeggios or something? Really subtle and quiet. I like the Farfisa sound. Sounds like it needs to be a tad bit fatter. The vocal stuff at the end is really cool. :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

A truly proper chorus. Great song, Craig.

Nice…
spreadercraig
TWO Thumbs Up…
>>>>

:agree:

TomS…
That sounds like a Kazoo…
<<
Spelling…

:)
:laugh:
Well…

Bill…

I know you had a reason for the abrupt stop… You wrote-and-arranged it that way… :) :agree: :p

Bill…

Heh - is it a kazoo? If it is, that’s hilarious. Sounded like a farfisa on a really thin setting to me. Well, that just proves that I have brass ears. :laugh:

Thanks gang!
I was a little apprehensive there…it’s been so long since writing.

You read my mind Tom with the chorus, but my initial thoughts were to use a glockenspiel…then the whole midi thing stopped working and …well.

Yes the drums I programmed on Battery (still coming to grips with it) and to be totally honest (havent listened to the song on your other post yet) the middle ‘Have I left it too late’ bit was inspired by your good self…not that you’ve left it too late…I meant the style…

Instrumental on a stylophone heh heh.

Bill I guess the ending was to make sure you guys listened till the end… :laugh:

I had a stylophone when I was about 8.
I’ve asked for one for two Christmases in a row, but nada.
I’m going to buy me one today.
Great sound.
Good choice.
But it really is pretty close to a farfisa! :D

Glock would be excellent.
Little ear candy.
Now, write a song that is inspired by my evil self.
:laugh:
I wrote one of those for Tina to cover, but she didn’t bite.

Awesome Spreadie
Chorus is great. Harmonies spot on as usual, Rolf Harris will be pleased with the Stylophone :) Ok…ending is abrupt to say the least :D

this is only the 2nd song of yours ive heard but already i can say you make it all sound so efortless the way you put the songs together & sing them in your very likable voice but again i felt the backing sounds too bare & understated for the qualety of your stuff
i dont know what you do with your songs… if theyer just demos & you peform them with a backing band ignore me but if this is as far as they get they deserve a bigger treatment

Quote: (Willy Eckerslike @ Jan. 03 2011, 1:55 AM)

Ok.....ending is abrupt to say the least

Heh heh it worked then!!

BLT, no I don't perform them...I'm just writing for writings sake at the moment.

Do you mean a 'sparklier' production is needed? Or a meatier sound? More interesting stuff going on?

I think the bareness is part of the strength of Craig’s writing, Tina, for what it’s worth. Just give us the bare structure so we can focus on his voice. Just my 2 cents worth.

Looks like yer gettin’ enough comments without me sayin’ the same… :agree:

Quote: (spreadercraig @ Jan. 02 2011, 2:32 PM)

Thanks gang!
I was a little apprehensive there...it's been so long since writing.

You read my mind Tom with the chorus, but my initial thoughts were to use a glockenspiel...then the whole midi thing stopped working and ...well.

Yes the drums I programmed on Battery (still coming to grips with it) and to be totally honest (havent listened to the song on your other post yet) the middle 'Have I left it too late' bit was inspired by your good self...not that you've left it too late...I meant the style...

Instrumental on a stylophone heh heh.

Bill I guess the ending was to make sure you guys listened till the end... :laugh:

Geez Craig.... I really want a Stylophone now :) Remember Space Oddity by Bowie, I believe he used one on that.
Quote: (TomS @ Jan. 03 2011, 5:34 PM)

I think the bareness is part of the strength of Craig's writing, Tina, for what it's worth.
Just give us the bare structure so we can focus on his voice.
Just my 2 cents worth.

Spreadie's always been strong melodically and lyrically, I'm not sure it needs any more bells and whistles. Or maybe we will get the 'acoustic version' and 'band' version for the album :agree: