I'm a Believer

ND on the Today show

I really never did get into Neil Diamond but I just watched her performance of “I’m a Believer” (he wrote it you know) on the Today show & I have to admit. That’s one of the best, if not the best, pop song every written.

Quote: (Mr Soul @ May 02 2008, 7:42 PM)

I really never did get into Neil Diamond but I just watched her performance of "I'm a Believer" (he wrote it you know) on the Today show & I have to admit. That's one of the best, if not the best, pop song every written.

Yeah, one of my fave songs too. I really enjoying performing it when I get a chance too.

Is this the performance you saw her (sic) perform? (I wondered if there was something Neil wasn't telling us but it's OK, he still looks like a guy to me)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhPn0K54480

Brooke White performed it on American Idol last week. That’s the “she” part. Of course, a good song wasn’t enough to keep her from being voted off.

Quote: (phoo @ May 02 2008, 8:46 PM)

Brooke White performed it on American Idol last week. That's the "she" part. Of course, a good song wasn't enough to keep her from being voted off.

Ahhh! Thanks for that Phoo. I was getting worried!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjlb7aMxNH8

This it?

Quote: (phoo @ May 02 2008, 2:46 PM)

Brooke White performed it on American Idol last week. That's the "she" part. Of course, a good song wasn't enough to keep her from being voted off.

I gotta admit, she's really lost it lately but when she's good, she is really very good.
Thing is, she's good at what she does, and that alone, why does every singer on that ruddy program feel the need to shout to be heard?
Do you have to be a 'belter' to get somewhere?
(if yes then I'm screwed! :whistle: )

Ange x

Ps, 'Believer' ... hmmmm not sure I'd say it's one of the best, if not the best, pop song every written!
but 'mazing song all the same :)

It was her worst week. She was great at times, but had virtually no range of style, which is what did her in. She and Jason Castro are one hit wonders in the works.

I have not watched one Idol show this year. Watched all the others though.

As far as the song goes it’s not one of my picks for best of pop but it is my wife’s - she watches Shrek with the grankids just for that song I think. As far as versions of it I would pick the Monkees’ although Smashmouth’s version is pretty cool.

Neil Diamond can be amazing one minute and flat as toothpaste the next. He’s written some terrific stuff (I’m A Believer; Solitary Man; Girl, You’ll Be A Woman Soon; - lots more) and he’s written absolute drek as well (Heartlight; for pity’s sake).