I'm just waiting for my MOTU...

S’posed to show up the 25th. Got 'er used for $220.00- a MOTU 1224 with the PCI 324 card. Gonna front-end it with a Tascam M-30 mixer. I’m pretty darned excited. :)

<!–QuoteBegin>

I’m just waiting for my MOTU…

Isn’t that a Stones tune… ???

D

Lou Reed, with the Velvet Underground: “I’m Just Waiting for my Man”. You’re thinking of “Waiting on a Friend”…

<!–QuoteBegin>

“Waiting on a Friend”…

Dats da one.

I hope the MOTU is a friend.

D

Me too, man. Me too… :;):

Hey Sloom dude, for what it’s worth, the MOTU 24io we installed at church is great piece of gear. Zero problems.

D

Thanks for the encouraging word! Yeah, I hear nothing but good about the stuff, so I’m looking forward to it’s arrival. Meanwhile, my PC is back, and I’ve just finished the optimizing thing, and have downloaded a freeware defrag utility.

It’s a trial download- and $20.00 if you buy it. Probably will have to… and happy to! The windows defragger is allegedly not the “real McCoy”, and I’d like this thing to be healthy for long as possible at this point.

Now I’m puzzling over which build of n-Track to load! :D

Hi Sloom:
For what it’s worth, I had no issues with build 2037 on any Operating Systems, I have here…

XP Home XP Pro or '98SE on any P-111 Intel or P-4 Intel machine… Well, anything that I’m aware of… with the little bit that I know about it…

You’re gonna work yourself into one nice set-up… :;): Good-for-You…

Bill…

Thanks. :)

Now I went and loaded 2042, and tried using the onboard sound (VIA '97), and it’s noisy- when I move anything on the screen! :O But I think I expected that… The MOTU should be here tomorrow, so I’ll have to cook dinner tonight, or something, so I can get “permission” to spend a few hours with it tomorrow night! Heh-heh…

The Build: Maybe I should uninstall 2042 and do your suggestion? Any reason in particular I should…? I’m listening. But it seems to be allright so far. No shut-downs! Cool.

This is a running experiment for Flavio, my computer tech, and myself- and you guys too, I suppose! But if I need to re-jig anything, it’s not that big a deal: I find out what it was that ‘sputtered’, post it, fix it. I’m taking my time, and I want it to be a solid situation. As much as that’s possible in this life!

I tell ya, getting n-Track and spending time here (because I’ve had to) has been (is) a real education. Great, and very educational forum. I’ve been recommending it to some folks who want to start out. Anyway, I’ll post some feedback aboput the MOTU, and some tunes pretty soon.

Right…