I'm lovin' n-T:-)

but:-(

Too often, whith recent builds of n-T, when I dip into a midi track to edit, n-T shuts? Is it pos’ to carry a bug with a song file from one prg V# to another?

I sent in two reports today regarding midi editing crashes. It’s a continuing or new bug, not a leftover on your end. At least I hope so.

Quote: (TonyR @ Feb. 23 2009, 4:17 PM)

Too often, whith recent builds of n-T, when I dip into a midi track to edit, n-T shuts? Is it pos' to carry a bug with a song file from one prg V# to another?

Do you always use "recent builds"?

Aren't they in Beta testing or something when they first come out?

Over the years I have tried to stick with the most recent "reliable" builds (usually a few numbers back from the current one) and they have served me well.

I know that is not a solution to your problem and anyone can say, "just go back to your previous version that worked!" I don't want to be that guy! lol

Hopefully it will get worked out soon the more people report things on various systems the quicker Flav can work out all the bugs.

keep shinin

jerm :cool:
Quote:

Too often, whith recent builds of n-T, when I dip into a midi track to edit, n-T shuts? Is it pos' to carry a bug with a song file from one prg V# to another?

I've been using n-Track since 3.1, and it's always been bad to shut down on me at inopportune moments when I'm messing around with MIDI. I have learned to click on SAVE often, otherwise...
:heart-break:

It looks like Flavio is not doing a beta test run as such, but posting new builds directly to the ver 6.0.3 download page.

There is indeed a difference in the Beta and the “regular” download. Unfortunatly, sometime a fix comes out after a regular version has been posted. It would probably be better if Flavio updated the regular version for these fixes and maybe he does - I don’t know for sure.
The Betas are test versions and although they contain many new Midi features that some folks are anxious to try, there is no way for Flavio to have tried it on all the possible situations that “real life” can cause. So, it is great that so many of you can test beta test.
I’m looking forward to the time when midi is a bit earier to understand and use. For now, I’ll just ry to get the guys over to play real instruments. :agree:
Bax

So!? Which recent V’ is most stable, and how do I go back?

If you are using Midi, I can’t help you because I work with audio only. I have not had a problem with any of the recent versions of 6.
I notice that the most recent download, build 2460, is not marked as a beta, so I guess Flavio is indeed posting corrections to 6.3 instead of new features.