I actually play music sometimes

Just to prove that I don’t spend all of my time thinking of ways to make Mike’s life miserable… Here are some pictures from my first bass-playing-with-a-band gig in five years, which was last week.

http://www.johnpbarton.com/2005-02-11-firsttee.htm

Actually, Kristina and I were the opening act, and then I played bass with the group for the rest of the night. It was a small bar with a mostly middle aged crowd that really got into what we were playing. In fact we got a wedding gig booked from that show! It felt really great to actually play with other human beings instead of just playing with myself… ummm… you know what I mean.

We have another gig at a different bar tonight. Everybody hop on a plane and come to Houston, I’ll buy the first round of drinks!
:;):

-John
:cool:

from the TokeReport…

Self-proclaimed musician, J. Barton smeared the good name of masturbation advocates with his middle of the road condemnation of self-pleasers!

“It felt really great to actually play with other human beings instead of just playing with myself…”

I hope you guys are having fun :angry: :laugh:

Great to hear that you’re playing music.

I’m doing lots of music too. I’m getting ready for the CSN&Y tribute band gig, I’m working on my “greatest hits” CD, and I’m building a studio this spring.

Mr Soul

building a studio? as in a standalone structure?

Yes. Connected to my existing house. It will be part of a den audition & made so it can be an extra bedroom.

Mr Soul

excellent. good luck to you on that! cool project.

Quote (Mr Soul @ Feb. 18 2005,13:14)

Yes. Connected to my existing house. It will be part of a den audition & made so it can be an extra bedroom.

Mr Soul
You gonna take pictures of the building progress so we can all nitpick and tell you how we would build it differently and it would be so much better if you only listened to our ideas?

Sounds like fun. :laugh:

I think we should start the debate now…

“dude! you used 1 7/8” sheetrock screws instead of 2"!!! are you a communist?????"

Don’t start…he needs 2 1/2" screws, but I prefer 3" (hard to find sometimes). :)

Yes - I can & will take pictures. I will consider any constructive input that anyone can give me.

We’re going to build the walls out of 2 x 6, so the first decision I need to make is insulation. Does anyone know of sources of acoustic insulation that can be used in home construction.

The room is going to be about 12’ x 17’ (outside dimension).

Mr Soul

3"??? sounds like right-wing propaganda to sell more screws, thus providing huge windfalls for the corporate friends of the vice-president.

Fibrex Mineral Wool
http://www.fibrexinsulations.com

See the 1200 and 1400 series products.

Quote (Mr Soul @ Feb. 18 2005,14:23)
Yes - I can & will take pictures. I will consider any constructive input that anyone can give me.

Party-pooper.
constructive
It's a contruction project. Anything we say will be constructive. :)

Question 2: #8 or #10 screws?

There are thousands of comedians out of work & you guys are trying to be funny :p

Bubba - thanks for the link! I guess Sound Attenuation Fire Batt (SAFB) Insulation is the stuff.

Mr Soul

Quote (clark_griswold @ Feb. 18 2005,12:18)
from the TokeReport...

Self-proclaimed musician, J. Barton smeared the good name of masturbation advocates with his middle of the road condemnation of self-pleasers!

"It felt really great to actually play with other human beings instead of just playing with myself..."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Clark, you're making me squirt (ouch ! ) beer out of my nose !

from the TokeReport…

Republicans “willfully and without regard for hops, refuse to apologize for wasteful abuse of beer…”

But don’t I look cute playing bass?
This was supposed to be the "Shower John with praise and adoration for being a such 40-year-old good-looking-stud with a magnetic and commanding stage presence even though he’s sitting his lazy ass on a stool and reading from a chart thread. <sniff, sniff> And then that mean old Toker-Mike-Soul guy comes in here and starts talking about his new studio. <wah!> That’s it, I’m gonna go home and throw darts at my Hillary picture. :D :laugh: :D :laugh:

LMAO :D :D :D

You do look like you had a great time John. Keep at it. It’ll keep you young. Er…young-ish? Well…you…know…

TG