I Believe..

The Spamming Has Stopped…

Hi n-Trackers:
I’m checking the Anything Else area of the Board… I believe the Spamming has stopped…

A new round of posting topics and replying from us will confirm this…

We have the privilege of Chin-Wagging bestowed upon us again…

Thank you Flavio…

Bill…

1st Rule of the Internet: Spamming NEVER stops, you just block an IP until some other moron stumbles on your website…

;-))

<!–QuoteBegin>

you just block an IP

That unfortunately doesn’t work since spammers spoof IP addresses.

They found the phootoons guestbooks again two days ago. Every post (up to twenty per guestbook in a few hours) was from a different IP address. I simply changed the link by renaming the directory the guestbook start page was in and changing the link on the index page, and all spamming was stopped immediately. Bots-B-Busted.

The down side is that anyone that uses links directly to the guestbooks will need to navigate through the index to find the new link.

That’s also the upside and why it works (if only temporarily).

The will find me again, and I will be changing the path again. It seem to last about a month between “discoveries”.

Thanks for your replies, Guys:
I’m attempting to learn how all this stuff fits together…

I have spent very little time around this topic trying to learn how this all fits together… Maybe, one day I’ll find out how all this works…

I had a page one time with the link www.woxnerw.com till it got hi-Jacked by one of the bigger spammers in CyberSpace…

This Outfit thrives on Hi-Jacking unprotected domain names and selling them back to their owners… I have no hope in **LL of ever getting my Domain Name returned to me…

You don’t hear me “Ranting-and-Raving” very often, but as a result of this “Domain Name Hi-Jacking”, Bob P****Ns and the ICANN, Smells from this action… BiG tImE…

You’re gonna hear me “Harp” on this every chance I get… Sorry, Everyone…

I’m not the first one to have this happen to, nor will I be the last one… Bad Mouthing the ICANN isn’t gonna help this from happening, but Sucking up to the ICANN hasn’t helped this Autocratizism, either…

Bill…