I guess it depends on what

I guess it depends on what the meaning of Forgery is … :)

Dan Blather, Mikhail Moore … is there any difference ?
It appears the polls are starting to reflect the public’s
disdain for the Liberal Media Elite.
Ironically, the left have hit full force (books, movies,
false documents) and yet appear to be imploding …

Interestingly, this is not the first (or last) time the Liberal
Elite Media has been caught …
In 1998, Clinton News Network (CNN) broadcast its famous “Tailwind” story, falsely accusing the U.S. military of gassing American defectors in Laos during the Vietnam War. (This was part of liberals’ long-standing support for “the troops.”) The publishing industry regularly puts out proven frauds such as: “I, Rigoberta Menchu” (a native girl’s torture at the hands of the right-wing Guatemalan military), “Arming America: The Origins of a National Gun Culture” (a liberal fantasy of a gun-free colonial America), “Fortunate Son: George W. Bush and the Making of an American President” (a book by a convicted felon with wild stories of George Bush’s drug use), and the unsourced nutty fantasies of Kitty Kelley.

Clinton happens …

September 20, 2004
THE NEWS MEDIA
CBS News Concludes It Was Misled on National Guard Memos, Network Officials Say
By JIM RUTENBERG

After days of expressing confidence about the documents used in a "60 Minutes’’ report that raised new questions about President Bush’s National Guard service, CBS News officials have grave doubts about the authenticity of the material, network officials said last night.

The officials, who asked not to be identified, said CBS News would most likely make an announcement as early as today that it had been deceived about the documents’ origins. CBS News has already begun intensive reporting on where they came from, and people at the network said it was now possible that officials would open an internal inquiry into how it moved forward with the report. Officials say they are now beginning to believe the report was too flawed to have gone on the air.

The “liberal media” has not even begun to dig into what’s going on here in the US & Iraq - that’s the problem.

Yes - it was unfortuanate CBS run this story w/o heeding the warnings of some doc experts but I don’t believe CBS itself forged these doc’s. - i.e., they just jumped the story.

Quote (MidnightToker @ Sep. 20 2004,11:26)
The "liberal media" has not even begun to dig

John Paul Kerry - "I have not yet begun to lie" :D

Sorry Mike, but as the saying goes ....
"It's about the lying , Stupid"

Quote (MidnightToker @ Sep. 20 2004,11:26)

Yes - it was unfortuanate CBS run this story w/o heeding the warnings of some doc experts but I don't believe CBS itself forged these doc's. - i.e., they just jumped the story.

Unfortunate ... how about desperation ?

Clinton happens ....

---

If it’s about lying, then why doesn’t Bush come clean & tell us exactly what happened that 6 months, instead of dodging the question everytime it comes up?

Quote (MidnightToker @ Sep. 20 2004,12:59)
If it's about lying, then why doesn't Bush come clean & tell us exactly what happened that 6 months, instead of dodging the question everytime it comes up?

Desperation does strange things ..... doesn't it ? :D

"Stop me before I lie again"

I really don't believe the American people care either way what took place 30+ years ago .
if this is all you have ...

im·plode -
v. im·plod·ed, im·plod·ing, im·plodes
v. intr.
To collapse inward violently.
v. tr.
1. To cause to collapse inward violently.

Clinton happens ....

--

Rather & CBS have admitted that they were deceived by the doc’s. What more do you want them to do?

Quote (MidnightToker @ Sep. 20 2004,13:38)
Rather & CBS have admitted that they were deceived by the doc's. What more do you want them to do?

They were deceived ? ....interesting choice of words.
They need to disclose who their source was.
( C - BS )

I'm sure the Liberal Media will pursue this, and try to ascertain who used forged documents to affect a US election.... ( Right ! :D )

Capt. Renault - "I'm shocked. Shocked to find that gambling is going on in here" -

---

I now want to know where they came from. I’m still holding out for a scenario in which Bush’s forces went to that town in TX and faxed them, to Rather, so there would be a reporting scandal. :)

Seriously, I wonder if we will ever know? ???

Quote (TomS @ Sep. 20 2004,14:53)
I'm still holding out for a scenario in which Bush's forces went to that town in TX and faxed them

..... another member of the 'Grassy Knoll Society'

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

--

CBS has announced the source:

<!–QuoteBegin>

In a statement, CBS said former Texas Guard official Bill Burkett “has acknowledged that he provided the now-disputed documents” and “admits that he deliberately misled the CBS News producer working on the report, giving her a false account of the documents’ origins to protect a promise of confidentiality to the actual source.”

Seriously - you actually think that CBS would forget these doc’s themselves?

RNC Chairman Ed Gillespie Statement on CBS

Washington, DC–Republican National Committee Chairman Ed Gillespie issued the following statement on CBS’s admission today that memos regarding the President’s National Guard service are not real.

“We accept CBS’s apology for a breach of the journalistic standards that provide the American people confidence in news organizations, but some disturbing questions remain unanswered.

“CBS has now answered questions about the authenticity of the documents but questions remain surrounding who created the documents, who provided them to CBS and if Senator Kerry’s supporters, Party committee, or campaign played any role.

- Did Bill Burkett, Democrat activist and Kerry campaign supporter, who passed information to the DNC, work with Kerry campaign surrogate Max Cleland?
- Did Bill Burkett’s talks with ‘senior’ Kerry campaign officials include discussions of the now discredited documents?
- Was the launch of the Democrat National Committee’s Operation Fortunate Son designed with knowledge of the faked forged memos?
- Terry McAuliffe said yesterday that no one at the DNC or Kerry campaign, ‘had anything to do with the preparations of the documents,’ but what about the distribution or dissemination?

“In an effort to regain the trust of the American people CBS should not only investigate the process that led to the use of these documents but they should identify immediately those engaged in possible criminal activity who attempted to use a news organization to affect the outcome of a Presidential election in its closing days.”

… I concur. A full investigation is in order. ???

“It’s about the lying , Stupid”

"It's about the lying , Stupid"

The Bush Administration is now saying it never told the public that Iraq was an "imminent" threat...

"No terrorist state poses a greater or more immediate threat to the security of our people and the stability of the world than the regime of Saddam Hussein in Iraq."
• Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, 9/19/02

"Absolutely."
• White House spokesman Ari Fleischer answering whether Iraq was an "imminent threat," 5/7/03

"This is about imminent threat."
• White House spokesman Scott McClellan, 2/10/03

"I see a significant threat to the security of the United States in Iraq."
• President Bush, 11/1/02

"There is real threat, in my judgment, a real and dangerous threat to American in Iraq in the form of Saddam Hussein."
• President Bush, 10/28/02

"Iraq poses a serious and mounting threat to our country. His regime has the design for a nuclear weapon, was working on several different methods of enriching uranium, and recently was discovered seeking significant quantities of uranium from Africa."
• Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, 1/29/03

• Secretary of State Powell
BBC Television
October 15, 2003

"I don't think I used the word "imminent" in my presentation on the 5th of February. I

I guess it depends on what the meaning of imminent is...

… Is CBS a registered Democrat 527 :D

CBS: Bush Memo Story A ‘Mistake’
NEW YORK, Sept. 20, 2004

CBS News said Monday it cannot prove the authenticity of documents used in a 60 Minutes story about President Bush’s National Guard service and that airing the story was a “mistake” that CBS regretted.

CBS News Anchor Dan Rather, the reporter of the original story, apologized.

CBS News claimed a source had misled the network on the documents’ origins. The network pledged "an independent review of the process by which the report was prepared and broadcast to help determine what actions need to be taken."

In a statement, CBS said former Texas Guard official Bill Burkett “has acknowledged that he provided the now-disputed documents” and "admits that he deliberately misled the CBS News producer working on the report, giving her a false account of the documents’ origins to protect a promise of confidentiality to the actual source."

The network did not say the memoranda — purportedly written by one of Mr. Bush’s National Guard commanders — were forgeries. But the network did say it could not authenticate the documents and that it should not have reported them.

“Based on what we now know, CBS News cannot prove that the documents are authentic, which is the only acceptable journalistic standard to justify using them in the report,” said the statement by CBS News President Andrew Heyward. "We should not have used them. That was a mistake, which we deeply regret.

“Nothing is more important to us than our credibility and keeping faith with the millions of people who count on us for fair, accurate, reliable, and independent reporting,” Heyward continued. "We will continue to work tirelessly to be worthy of that trust."

White House spokesman Scott McClellan said President Bush had seen the CBS statement. "We appreciate that they (CBS) deeply regrets … but there are serious questions still to be answered,’’ McClellan told CBS News’ Jeff Goldblum.

Additional reporting on the documents will air on Monday’s CBS Evening News, including the interview of Burkett by Rather. CBS News pledged "an independent review of the process by which the report was prepared and broadcast to help determine what actions need to be taken."

In a separate statement, Rather said that "after extensive additional interviews, I no longer have the confidence in these documents that would allow us to continue vouching for them journalistically.

“I find we have been misled on the key question of how our source for the documents came into possession of these papers,” he said.

“We made a mistake in judgment, and for that I am sorry,” Rather added.

Mr Burkett and the DNC need to be investigated …
We’ll see if the Liberal Media Elite try to stonewall (again) ???

Quote (Ali @ Sep. 20 2004,17:18)
Ok, I admit, this particular edition of the OED does have a wee bit of a reputation for typo's

Oxford English Dictionary ? Interesting !!!

Say, didn't Clinton go to Oxford ?
So, that's where he .....

Hey, do they have what the meaning of is, is .... :laugh:

---

Actually the Liberals have a secret weapon…the hurricane maker…they still mad at Florida?

NO PICKING ON THE OED! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Actually the Liberals have a secret weapon....the hurricane maker....they still mad at Florida?
Actually that's God punishing Florida for going with Bush in 2000.