i h8 cumpyouturz

just to let you know, in case you wanted a copy of something i recorded in 2004 (yeah right) or even a copy of the tracks i did for the last collaboration, due to major computer error and rebooting of operating system and other stuff after that, i lost all music track data, plus all the imported/downloaded music in itunes/ipod, etc. i hate computers.

have a glorious day.

Hate it for ya Jdet, been there done that. It sucks!

That’s bad…

I have rarely lost anything except Operating Systems…
I’ve lost photos of Hurrican Jaun when it blew through here in when 2001 ????
and White Jaun
as it was called when we got hit with four feet of snow the following winter…
I had the photos on a drive that gave up… quit…
died…

When I do any tracks I spred them all over the drives I have, like a blanket…
Those photos were once in a lifetime images…
Then one winter we had no ice in the lakes and no snow to speak of…
Instead of North-easters the weather came as South-easters…
all rain and big blows…

AaHh…
You got to be able to recover those tracks…
There has to be some way, to recover them…

Bill…

major bummer

Darn Jason I’m sorry to hear that bud! Well that doesn’t take away from your talent!
We are lucky to have you here!

BRABBERSNABBER! :agree:

That truly sucks!

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Apr. 22 2009, 3:53 PM)

BRABBERSNABBER! :agree:

FIDDLEYWONK!
:agree: :agree:

D

PS Darn glad SOMEBODY sprechen zie D language... :laugh:

PPS JDET? Backup, backup, backup... Acronis TrueImage Backup, backup, backup...

Sorry to hear that, major disapointment for a musician, where’s the emoticon for OUCH!! OOH!??
I live in fear of that all the time, I have a closet full of shoeboxes full of CDs full of tracks that I just can’t live without. Makes the wife crazy, and me too.

Was that a “reimage?” like they wiped everything out in order to start it over? S**ks!!
Sorry about that.

it was time to do some spring cleaning anyway. time to start a new chapter (if i could only get inspired to write again). time to throw away the old demons from the past.

Get inspired Jason. You done some great stuff recently!

I’m with nix…I’ve got boxes of stuff on cd. Paranoid about losing stuff, ever since some smart IT guy ignored what I said to him and re-installed windows cos he couldn’t find the problem with my pc. Feel for you mate!

i guess i’m not paranoid because i wasn’t totally happy with the old stuff. i feel i could do better if i actually put some time and thought into it. so it’s a chance to wipe the slate clean, pretend i had nothing to do with that old crap, and try harder. that’s why i haven’t written recently, because all the mediocre ideas that creep into the cranium are now getting tossed by the bouncer at the door. everyone knows you’ll get into the club if you’ve got a hot chick. so once i find a hot chick/song, i’ll get in and get the schshchwerrrrrrve on.

When you do get the hot one let me know if I can he’p.

I know what you’re saying. Still waiting myself for hot chick/song. I think I may have to try Craigslist. ???

Quote: (john doe's evil twin @ Apr. 25 2009, 12:55 PM)

i guess i'm not paranoid because i wasn't totally happy with the old stuff.
i feel i could do better if i actually put some time and thought into it.
so it's a chance to wipe the slate clean, pretend i had nothing to do with that old crap, and try harder.
that's why i haven't written recently, because all the mediocre ideas that creep into the cranium are now getting tossed by the bouncer at the door.
everyone knows you'll get into the club if you've got a hot chick.
so once i find a hot chick/song, i'll get in and get the schshchwerrrrrrve on.

Well sometimes the song is like a plant, you have to water it and nourish it and voila, it grows and blossoms.

You've done some great stuff in the past, perhaps with a little watering . . . . .

And suddenly we teleport back in time to a recording studio in 1972 . . .

Edgar Winter " Hey guys I got this new tune, it's an instrumental I'm gonna call Frankenstein"
Ronnie Montrose "Well let's hear it dude"
Edgar plays thru a couple riffs, "Whadda y'all think?"
Montrose "Hmmm, I dunno"
Rick Derringer "Hmmm, sounds kinda lame Ed"
Montrose "Yeah it is kinda lame"
Derringer "Let's do a cover of 'S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y Night' instead"
Montrose "Yeah that's cool"
Winter "Sounds good to me guys"

And so history was never the same again . . . . .

. . . . Until . . . .

The Bay City rollers had a smash hit instrumental called "Frankenshteen"

:whistle:

inspiration will strike, and some day it will pass muster. having standards sure makes writing harder than it used to be.

Quote: (john doe's evil twin @ Apr. 25 2009, 4:59 PM)

inspiration will strike, and some day it will pass muster.
having standards sure makes writing harder than it used to be.

I'm glad I don't have standards
:whistle:
:)

Er!!.........about the hot chick? You wouldn't have a slightly warm one, with patience, to spare would you?