I have become.....

I have become maker of bands.

Musicians wanted.

http://www.thebandmaker.com

Rob :^)

<!–QuoteBegin>

Sorry, there are no musicians that match your query at the moment. Either widen your search inputs or try again in a couple of weeks. The database is filling up all the time.

Welp, you have all my personal information to sell to someone, so it ain’t a total loss heh?

keep shinin’

jerm :cool:

Well, Rob, even though this looks like spam, perhaps you could fill us in on the details? I noticed that one has to give you personal info before seeing what you can do for us, and that when I wanted to look for a drummer in my area, the best I could do was look it up by state - at least that’s what it looked like before you asked me to log in. So perhaps a bit of truth in advertising would be helpful here.

HTH! :)

It’s a good thing I don’t use any of my real information for these type of things…

IE

county : Transylvania.
Address: 1313 Mockingbird Lane.
Phone number: (610) 867-5309. :p

There’s only one other person listed in my whole state…and that’s not even a musician…so it’s got a way to go before it’s useful to me.

Perhaps the add should read…
"I have become…a gatherer of vital statistics"

keep shinin’

To give Robin the benefit of the doubt, he apparently resides in Tewkesbury, UK and may not have a grasp of how big a US State or Canadian Province can be.

I had company over from the UK once when I lived in Toronto and they wondered if we could ‘pop in’ on an acquaintance who lived in Winnipeg; would that be a long drive?

No, not long at all - only about 1400 miles - practically next door. Imagine driving from London to Inverness about two and a half times. While we’re at it, do you know anyone in Vancouver? We could ‘pop in’ on them next.

I get the same thing from some friends and/or colleauges from Germany. They often don’t realize how big North America is. I was surprised that some of them hardly ever visit relatives who are in southern Germany for example. Once I looked at what they were paying for fuel though…

D

<!–QuoteBegin>

I get the same thing from some friends and/or colleauges from Germany. They often don’t realize how big North America is. I was surprised that some of them hardly ever visit relatives who are in southern Germany for example. Once I looked at what they were paying for fuel though…

:)

Well at least us Europeans know that the rest of the world exists. Sometimes on the internet forums it seems that you folks over the pond forget there are other countries out there. :laugh:

I guess we have a head start. We have had quite a lot of US TV over hear for many years, so we get to see US culture a fair bit. We know what a sidewalk is, or the trunk of a car, or what pants are - from seeing it on TV.

I heard the statistic this week that 30 of the US states are a bigger land area than the whole UK. It’s hard for us to get that inot our brains. Over here you can drive from the top to the bottom of the country in 8 or 10 hours and from most points, drive for 4 hours and you’ll end up in the sea.

:slight_smile:

<!–QuoteBegin>

Well at least us Europeans know that the rest of the world exists.

Hey Mark,

My first trip overseas to Germany in 1995 was a real eye-opener for me. I live in Alabama in the USA and have only been to a handful of other states in my own country. In some ways I envy the “closeness” you guys in Europe have… but in other ways I think it might bother me sooner or later. I have grown use to the wide open spaces.

IF I had the money, I would like to come over to the UK, rent a nice car and just spend a year exploring your part of the world. It’d be a blast!

D

How come Rob has only posted once (as of this post)? Is his site mining personal info? It takes whatever you put in.

If anyone wants to search the database and doesn’t want to register use this info:

email: booger@booger.booger
pw: booger

Booger!

Hey Mark, from what state do you hail? Is it red or blue?

Kidding! Smiles all around! :) :) :) :)

You’re not a Londoner then Mark?

Some evenings I drive 4 hours from Wardour Street and I still haven’t reached the North Circular! :D

<!–QuoteBegin>

IF I had the money, I would like to come over to the UK, rent a nice car and just spend a year exploring your part of the world. It’d be a blast!

Hey TG, if you over make it over be sure to look me up. A beer, and a meal awaiting.

Mark

<!–QuoteBegin>

You’re not a Londoner then Mark?

Some evenings I drive 4 hours from Wardour Street and I still haven’t reached the North Circular!

Used to be, but escaped south when I graduated some 20 years ago.
Quote (Mark A @ May 26 2006,16:13)
...from most points, drive for 4 hours and you'll end up in the sea...

Or, in my case, finally get off the roundabout!

We had a Round-about here once… Out in the middle of Lake MicMac… My next-door neighbour wrote a song about IT… The MicMac Rotorary Blues… IT got radio play every day during rush hour… morning and evening… He did O.K. with IT…

Bill…

<!–QuoteBegin>

Used to be, but escaped south when I graduated some 20 years ago.

South? How far south are we talking Mark, Brighton or Bloemfontein? :)

[QUOTE]South? How far south are we talking Mark, Brighton or Bloemfontein? [QUOTE]

Dorset

Hey Diogenes

I see you are from Alabama… I grew up in northern Alabama. Most of my relatives live in Cullman and Winston County.

I think that the thing that would be most striking to European visitors about that part of the US is the amount of relatively wild country. I grew up thinking that the National Forests were a part of my personal domain - only had to walk out of my aunt’s back door to roam totally alone, without paths, through miles of forest. A year or two ago I visited one of the Netherlands’ nature preserves (can’t recall the name now). It was so far removed from the type of wild country that I grew up around that I had a hard time even seeing it as a natural area.

T

I know I originally called this…

But the members are filling in now…

Sorry Rob,