I hope Yaz and our other North Carolina...

n-Trackers are OK. Ophelia is in town…

NC fellers, here’s hoping and praying you come through OK!

TG

Thanks TG. Not a powerful storm like Katrina, but slow moving with lots o rain. Probably be a lot of flooding. Outer Banks may see some damage today. Darn storm been sitting there for 3 days. I was informed that my fishing spot recieved alot of damage. Oh well, the way life is going here probably be no fishing for awhile.
Brothers wife’s sister died Tuesday night. Put my Mother back in hospital yesterday. Sister going in for surgery today, (same hospital as Mom). 3 days behind in work, got sheet rock hangers coming Monday and no where close to being ready for them. Can’t cancel them so may be working thru weekend (YUCK). Pulled musle in shoulder and got real good case of the ‘redass attitude’ this am.
Life’s a beach, then a hurricane blows it away! :D

Quote (YazMiester @ Sep. 15 2005,06:30)
Thanks TG. Not a powerful storm like Katrina, but slow moving with lots o rain. Probably be a lot of flooding. Outer Banks may see some damage today. Darn storm been sitting there for 3 days. I was informed that my fishing spot recieved alot of damage. Oh well, the way life is going here probably be no fishing for awhile.
Brothers wife's sister died Tuesday night. Put my Mother back in hospital yesterday. Sister going in for surgery today, (same hospital as Mom). 3 days behind in work, got sheet rock hangers coming Monday and no where close to being ready for them. Can't cancel them so may be working thru weekend (YUCK). Pulled musle in shoulder and got real good case of the 'redass attitude' this am.
Life's a beach, then a hurricane blows it away! :D

:( Sorry Yaz :(
Hope everyone heals up and gets through everything O.K.

Yeah what jeromee said. Keeping you and your family in thoughts and prayers Yaz.

TG

Thanks fellers. Been a rough year. Wife reminded me this am that in-laws will be arriving weds. When it rains it pours.

Coast update, most damage on sound side where I go fishing. Lot’s of wind damage and flooding. But nothing like Katrina. Thank the Lord. :D

Hi Guys:
The weather people are forcasting the storm to blow up through the Bay of Fundy, over the weekend… That’ll be west… of where I am… If it does, we… up here will be on the Weather side of the storm… All the Rain-and-Wind that it will have by that time… We’ll see…

Everyone is Waiting-and-Watching… up here… ???

I’ve got all my DECK Furniture packed away…

Bill…

Hunker down Bill! Try not to float away. If you do float away, paddle like he!!.. SOUTH!

TG

The latest forcast we’re hearing is the center of the storm is takeing a more southerly arc and along the south coast of our shores… So, it’s gonna skirt from south to east and come ashore where I live… as opposed to up through the Bay of Fundy… So-they-say… We’ll see… By saturday evening we’ll be in the Big Blow… The maximum winds will gust/be in and around 90 kms… or 50-55 miles per hour… That’s if it doesn’t pick up strength… :O ??? We’ll see… Lotsa’ rain and flooding… but that depends on it’s ground speed… we’ll see…

Everyones out picking up a few things… There’s a Loonie-or-Two, being spent, today…

Bill…

[EDIT]
A nice place for Bluenosers to winter is along the Carolina Shores… I’ve only driven through there… Never to spend any time, there…

Riding the storm out Bill. Take care my friend, and watch out for this hurricane, she’s has done some crazy turns whilest here in NC. And she’s been a slow mover too.

Everyone has better respect for weather like that sense Juan came through here in 2003… We are still working on the clean-up from that one… It was the worst one we went through in my years…

We had snow and wind and rain… but not like that one…

The weather here is really warm and humid, for this time of year… It’s very uncanny… There’s a lot of heat comming out of central North America to this coast… It’s gotta be Globel Warming… or something…

Bill…

The heat here is above normal for this time of year. Maybe we’re heading into Global Meltdown. But then again in 1980 the year my son was born the weather was almost identical to this year. He was born Sept. 25th and we went straight into winter 2 days after that. Having a new born with huge heating bills and little pay check made me think at the time I had entered into a big mistake.

But life works out of problems most times. :D

Yea… Just gotta keep the faith… things have a way of working out the way it’s gonna be… in spite of what we think… or do…

Going up-and-down the streets in my community… all I seem to see is driveways full of firewood… Depending on who it’s bought from… it goes from between 180.00 - 225.00 a chord… But the guys in the buisness have two ways of measuring it… lol… A long-chord… ??? or a short chord… ?? :O ??? There’s some difference between a METRIC or an Imperial measure… hehe… Up here… they got ya… commin’ or goin’… :p You can see the difference in the piles in the driveways… Looks like it’s equal to about a week’s worth of heat… I can see this winter that the community here is gonna end up being a Bacon-Smoke-House… in the mornings… I’m thinking about gettin a couple legs of pork and hang’in out on the front lawn… Gotta use up all that smoke… somehow… lol… We’ll see… Anyway… the governments have got it figuered out how to tax any form of BTU’s… They’re makeing it as painless as they can… going into your piggy-bank and clean’in it out… It’s all legal… so-they-say… Everyone’s sayin there’ll be a BABY-BOOM next fall… They haven’t found a way to tax the heat created in the Bedrooms yet… But they’re work’in on it… The people haven’t figuered out how much it’s hurtin’ them yet… either… Well… ???

Bill…

So true Bill. Taxing condoms is not working, so they got a plan up their sleeve. It’s coming, trust me. :cool:

And I thought short and long chords were just in Rock ‘n’ roll, see what I know. LOL

That storm is struggling to get something going. It began to rain at 7am. It’s been picking up as the day is going. The weather people has been trying to get something going and for something to report… But it has been nothing more than a good fan breeze… so far… as of 6pm here now it’s about 60 miles south-west of the southern tip of the province… but breaking up… big-time… We’re gonna get 2-3" of rain… but we need that, big time… It’s been pretty dry around here all summer… The ground water is record low… We might get a 2ft. storm surge… but that’s nothing like what you people got… from this storm… I think I got my car washed… we’ll check to see how clean it is, in the morning…

Bill…

Yaz, “Nil Illegitimo Carborundum”.

Loosely translated; Don’t let the bastards grind you down. :D

Ali