I just dont believe it...where did that go??

How many times have you asked yourself this question I wonder?

I’ve got the day off work to record some really loud guitars. I zoom in on a file and mange to make the track window on the left hand side vanish - thats the bit where you can rename, and record enable each track.

Ok…now I’ve been looking for 20 minutes now and I still can’t see what it is or what its called. It’s not in mixer. not in properties, not in track as far as I can see. I’m just looking at my timeline which takes up the whole screen.

Where the hell did that go and how do I get it back?? I can’t record enable a track without it. You’d think after making four albums with this software I’d have got used to it by now!!

Spooner

Hi, spooner. A quick fix is to restore defaults. Also check the veiw dropdown and right click options on the timeline.

If I was looking, I’d say you were after the track properties ????

If it is, just double-click on the track’s timeline… ???

Bill…

TonyR - tried that thanks.

Bill - I can get individual track properties yes, and can record that way…but it’s a long way around! I just can’t work out where it went. I tried show mixer strip in timeline ( which is what I think it is ) but nothing appears. I can however find the FX on and off button in the far top left hand corner of the timeline - it shows up only after hovering the mouse there.

I remember doing something similar in photoshop once. Its possible to drag something where you can never get it back.

EDIT just done it!! Had to spend a while clicking and dragging the left hand window edge and eventually revealed it - yes I’d managed to hide it. Good old windows xp.

It’s sure frustrating when something outta the ordinary (like that) floats to the surface…
When things like that happens to me, it just about destroys my creativity, for the moment…
I just walk away from the session…

Bill…

:whistle:
TinaM…
Where’s that vodka ????
hehe…
It wouldn’t help, but it’ll settle the shakes…

[edit]]]

vvvvvv

I think I know where you’re going…

I’d say it was Operator loss of concentration…
that might have caused that, to happen…

Quote: (spooner @ Nov. 09 2010, 7:49 AM)

Good old windows xp.

Well in all fairness, it had nothing to do with "Good old windows xp."...

UW