I liked it so much

Hey folks,

Remember that Victor Kiam guy who said “I liked the shaver so much, I bought the company”?

Those of you following my story may remember that as a family we moved from the UK to New Zealand nearly two years ago, and my career as an IT manager ended and my career as a full-time guitar teacher began!

Well a few months ago the owners of the guitar studio offered to sell the studio to me. I liked it so much that I decided to buy it. It’s taken several months to sort out the legal and practical aspects, and to raise the finance but now it’s mine (well, mine and the bank’s…).

So busy times here but very excited.

Just saying.

Anyway, sorry I’ve not been around much. I will try harder.

Later…

Congrats Mark.

Hi Mark:

Good For You …
Hard work and lots of energy never hurt anyone…
I’m sure your Family is behind you 100% and you’ll manage just fine…

You know, If you’re doing something you like to do, It’s Not Work…

Has it been TWO Years, already????

Where does time go????

Bill…

Thanks guys…

Well, it’s nearly two years Bill. Well, in three months it will be.

So not only do I have to get my head around the latest octo-penta-olydian sweep-pick-tap technique, I’ve also got to work out how to do the wages, how to pay the government their lovely taxes, etc, etc. Good job I don’t have a proper job eh?

Quote: (Mark A @ Apr. 25 2012, 9:14 PM)

Thanks guys....

Well, it's nearly two years Bill.
Well, in three months it will be.

So not only do I have to get my head around the latest octo-penta-olydian sweep-pick-tap technique, I've also got to work out how to do the wages, how to pay the government their lovely taxes, etc, etc.
Good job I don't have a proper job eh?

I think I hear what you are saying..
However, it's way off in the distance..

I can remember way back in the early '60's when we worked on getting our feet wet with Bar Room Playing..
Our Photos were plastered all over the papers, and Radio-and-TV, advertising our group playing in one bar-or-another..
The Tax People caught on to our working at entertainment and wanted to know how much money we could pay them Off-the-Top..
Well, anyway, their request was us to appear for an "Audit" to see if we were paying our share..
Not only that...
The Audit request went on, Year-in and Year-out..

I think I worked more for the Government than I did for ME..

Thinking back on those times..
I wouldn't have done it any other way..
We had so much energy back then..
I just hated paying out (to the Government) my hard-earned bucks for doing nothing..
Not even moving our Stage Equipment from one Bar to Another

Anyway..

I'm still very pleased and support you in your decision to take this Teaching Ownership on..
:agree:
You'll do just fine..

Get an Accountant..
Let him worry about it..
lol..

Bill..

Awesome, Mark. You will be a great success no matter what you do. :agree:

Quote: (TomS @ Apr. 27 2012, 5:32 PM)

Awesome, Mark.
You will be a great success no matter what you do.

:) :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

Thanks guys!