I need a little help with -N

No sound

Its been a while since i have used my N track for starters so there may be somthing I have turned off or unchecked.

Here’s my problem…I just recordered a cassette track and it looked like it was recording ok…showing the skins with beats etc.
But now when i hit the play back…Its blank :)
so whaat do I do…I check to make sure i’m not on mute and all else looks ok to me

What did I do wrong?

Thanks for any help

It must be a setting on N track…all my other tunes play ok
I’m stuck here on this

When you say “showing the skins and beats” do you mean you can see activity in the “Recording” in-put meter window?

Has n-Track worked okay for you in the past, on the same computer, with no changes to the hardware (sound card)?

Yup It shows activity :)
and was showing activity while recording
Same computer no changes :agree:
And has worked just fine before

I will try again in the morning, I just may record the clip over and see what happens

It sounds like you have in-put okay. Check the track is set to record, either in the main mixer or on the track strip to the left of the timeline. The little red light in the lower-right of the track-strip needs to be enabled.

Check to ensure you have the correct output device enabled.

Quote: (TonyR @ Jan. 05 2012, 7:41 PM)

It sounds like you have in-put okay. Check the track is set to record, either in the main mixer or on the track strip to the left of the timeline. The little red light in the lower-right of the track-strip needs to be enabled.

Hi Tony,

The Red light at the bottom left was enabled

Thanks for your help , I'm back at it again this morning

The mix down looked like it worked ok too but on the play back its silent as well.

When I did this cassette recording I hit the pause button and then I hit a wrong button that started playback and recording a new track <--------I do beleive it was then that a setting got changed.

I'm going in to have another look and being a bit rusty on N It may tack some time to find this.......Thanks for any help on this guys.

I’m with Bill on this one,

you gotz to check the input/output devices.

There is a little hammer at the bottom of the record VU meter.

It would interest us to know what you see and what is selected as far as routing when you click the tiny little hammer… :agree:

There is also a way to view what is going on in a drop down box from the top “view soundcard mixer” it’s very possible something is muted are turned down in there…this sometimes happens when you have other audio devices (like winamp, Windows media player) installed.

dontcare :cool:

Quote: (dontcare @ Jan. 06 2012, 10:19 AM)

I'm with Bill on this one,

you gotz to check the input/output devices.

There is a little hammer at the bottom of the record VU meter.

It would interest us to know what you see and what is selected as far as routing when you click the tiny little hammer..... :agree:

There is also a way to view what is going on in a drop down box from the top
"view soundcard mixer" it's very possible something is muted are turned down in there....this sometimes happens when you have other audio devices (like winamp, Windows media player) installed.

dontcare
:cool:

All Is good again and it's up and running :D
I'm too late to tell what the settings were at on that hammer
I took the easy way out and did the update and did not keep the old settings.
I'm set on 16 bites, my system is a 64 bite shhould I enable the 24 bites or the 32 float?

I'm a happy camper once again just to get a recording completed.
I dont do any editing at all but I should take the time to learn how to use N-Track to at least do some basic editing.

Thanks for the help all

Dan

if you have already recorded tracks in 16bit and you want to keep working on them I would stay at 16bit for now. (things can get complicated real quick when going from one to the other in a already started song)

But I would definitely suggest switching to 24bit for your next song, you will benefit from the extra headroom especially if you are doing anything ambient.
:agree:

PS I don’t know when you bought the program, but at one point it costed a little extra for the 24 bit version, (I think around V4 that happened) so if you only payed for 16bit and go to try and use the 24bit feature the program will act as if it is unregistered and start putting that sound in every ten seconds (even if you paid for the upgrade at one point) you might need the codes from Flavio for the 24bit version to get rid of it.

dontcare

Its been close to 4 years since I have had N-Track so I dont think I would have the 24 bit thing installed.
Unless I would notice a big difference in sound with the 24 bit, I may as well stick with what I have, I just need to spend the time using N-Track more…just like any instrument Practice, practice :) and with a little help from you guys
I should be able to get a bit better at recording…Thanks for the help all.

Dan

well if you have ever heard reverb rack(hardware) effects that are in 16bit and then hear the same effect in 24bit you might notice the difference. :agree:

When I went from 48k 16bit to 96k 24bit there was a definite improvement, although I also invested in some better A/D converters at the time and that could have contributed as well.

When comparing I find my newer recordings have more depth and width as well as being louder after mastering than the older ones. :)

dontcare :cool: