I need a very small amp

with a decent tone

Hey Guys,

As we speak, I am looking for a little amp ( maybe practice amp ) to give my electric a decent tone for recording. I tried going direct and doin the effects, eq , reverb thing but it aint happenin. I sold my old guitar amp years ago, so I am without for now.
Have any of yall tried the little fender, mashall, etc , 8 inch speaker things ?
It wont be used live, just for recording. The cheaper the better , but I need a decent tone.

Ted

Sorry I posted this twice, i was afraid it might get lost under the cool small amp thread.

Well, Crate put out an 8 inch all tube class A amp a few years back that was killer. They sold like poo though (not many folks understood what they were trying to do. What good is an amp if it isn’t 100 pounds, got 4x10s, and 8000 watts?) so you might find them out there pretty cheap on eBay.

EDIT: Here’s one for $71 bucks!

eBay is your friend…

them vinatge club’s are great amps,i have 2 of the bigger models,the 30 watt and a 60 watt,i had the opp to use one of them smaller ones for a night bout 11 years ago an member it well,im not sure i cared for the 8inch speak though,i always thought it mite sound a bit better if it was a 12,but that lil amp was easy to drive,great tone just like with my other crate vintage clubs,i would say yes to that anytime,

I love that line:

<!–QuoteBegin>

I have one myself!

uuhhh, isn’t he selling it ? ? ?

Well I have to recomend the Fender Blues Junior. I have one and it is a great little tube amp. I guess they are getting up around $400 now but they are a small, light weight tube amp that is 15watts with a 12" speaker and a master volume control. You can hear mine here on “Bush Funk Jam” and “CMF Jam”. Both songs are recorded with an SM58 right in front of the speaker.

Blessings, Terry

Behringer Vintager GM110 $99 from Musicians Friend.

I owned one and it is excellent. (Especially for home recording as it has an excellent DI)

I highly recommend it.

dave

Thanks Guys,

I appreciate the feedback. Wow Terry thats a nice recording on CMF jam. Clean , transparent, nice full bass and everything. I mean the whole mix , not just the guitar.

I am kinda leaning towards a 15 watt marshall I played today in the store. The clean sound was decent but the overdrive was more than decent, very nice.

Thanks For Everyones Help

Thanks Guys,

I appreciate the feedback. Wow Terry thats a nice recording on CMF jam. Clean , transparent, nice full bass and everything. I mean the whole mix , not just the guitar.

I am kinda leaning towards a 15 watt marshall I played today in the store. The clean sound was decent but the overdrive was more than decent, very nice.

Thanks For Everyones Help