I need to vent...

I feel rotton, spoiled and ungrateful but somehow I can’t help but get all upset and dissapprove when Robby comes home and tells me that we can not afford the honeymoon i thought we were going to have :( I don’t mean to sound horrid but i’ve never been abroad for a holiday, 2 weeks in Corsica…mountains, waterfalls…oh how i’ve dreamed!

so I can have a week in france :heart-break:

am I wrong to be thinking this? should I smile and tell him that anything would make me happy or do I keep stamping my feet like a little kid until I get what I want…

2 weeks of no picking up other peoples clothes off the floor, cleaning, taxi’ng and feeling tired. Romance, walks, good food and some room service!

I know I should focus on what matters … focus … hmmmmn guess I could write a song!

hey…thanks guys, I feel better already :)

Ange x

Sounds like the honey moon holds much value for you.
I would calmly sit with robbie and your budgett and see how far off you are.
Then figure out how to make up the diffrence. And put that back together —>
:love:
:agree:

I dunno…France is pretty nice! Apart from the French of course :laugh:

Honeymoon will be fabulous Ange, you’ll be in the right frame of mind after the wedding and, if you blow your budget on Corsica, imagine the weeks of stress when you get back :)

Quote: (ange @ Jun. 17 2009, 1:22 PM)

picking up other peoples clothes off the floor, cleaning, taxi'ng and feeling tired.

It's none of my business but that doesn't sound right, don't you get help with those things?

Depends on the reason he thinks you can’t afford it. If it’s because the money really isn’t there, be very thankful he’s willing to say no, even if it means a lot to you now and will be a great loss not going now.

On the the other hand, if the money isn’t there because he just bought a new boat, then that boat might be more important than his new wife. Might be time to run.

Is it more important to go in the hole for a honeymoon than not being in the hole so you can take the time to save and do something better later?

(I have recently been through a divorce and it’s nice not having to worry about money because someone else didn’t care enough to think about the consequences of spending every penny as it comes in and then spend more.)

I think you are justified in being disappointed. It’s a natural response. In the long run it may be just the thing you andf Rob need to get the relationship started in the right direction. Rob needs to feel and accept your disappointment. You need to understand and accept Rob’s reasoning.

…unless he’s buying a boat.

if rob gets the impression that all you care about is money and material things (which is what my ex did and that impression can be fostered by throwing a fit about only a week in france) then things are going to get rocky in a hurry. if you care about things that are more important than ‘things,’ then prove it with a good attitude when things don’t go as planned. it will strengthen your bond.

rob probably feels bad enough already for having to cancel on you, most guys do. and throwing a fit doesn’t make money appear out of thin air, unless your dad is bill gates. (I should know, i went to high school with the daughters of both Phil Knight [Nike past CEO/chairman/cofounder] and NBA coach Rick Adelman. Miss Knight was actually very nice :agree: , miss adelman not so :disagree: .)

Eyup!

Hey Ange, me and my wife Margaret spent our honeymoon in France camping.
You know, like, a little tent. It’s all we could afford.
Thing is it kicked off two lifelong love affairs, us and France!

Corsica, pah! Napoleon left there to live in France!

Enjoy!

Steve

yeah, and napoleon turned out great. :laugh:

I only give sound advice: listen.

“unless he’s buying a boat.” :laugh: you so funny Mr Phoo

Thanks guys :love: you all so good to me, I feel awful that my thoughts took me to such an ungrateful place, I guess I was just focusing on the wrong things for a bit.

I see the bigger picture now. Far more important things in this world than my honeymoon! Guess I had my heart set so solid that I had blinkers on…

Me, Rob and the Guitar in Rob’s new BOAT! Sounds like one hell of a honeymoon. :;):

Ange x

my g/f would love a weeks holiday in france, she’s getting a caravan in weymouth for a week. ???

Sounds like you’re getting plenty of good advice here, including from yourself, Ange. Might have to start a whole new line of topics here under the category of pre and post marital counseling. :laugh:

If I were going on a honeymoon - I’d head over to your place and camp out by your pond. It looks delightful. :;):

Quote:

Might have to start a whole new line of topics here under the category of pre and post marital counseling

if the counseling were good enough, there would be no "post-marital..."
that's like giving coupons for caskets with every airline ticket purchased.
Quote:

if the counseling were good enough, there would be no "post-marital..."
that's like giving coupons for caskets with every airline ticket purchased.

:laugh:

You guys are great...with you as mentors...my marriage is destined to be a long and happy and very musical one :;):