I saw Elvis at NAMM

No kidding…

And I was so amazed that I forgot to talk a picture of him!!! Anyways, I did get some pic’s - goto Click on News.

Tom - I met a couple of guys from PSP audioware (they actually got the pass for me). They are great. We’ve got to support them & buy all their plug-ins. They said software piraracy is hurting them.

There are several “Elvis” Knock-off’s around these parts… They are quite busy and do well, with their appearences… Mabey, it was one of these guys, that you saw… I’ve never been to a NAMM Show… but I’ve been to AES Shows.

Bill…

Quote (Mr Soul @ Jan. 21 2006,23:48)
And I was so amazed that I forgot to talk a picture of him!!! Anyways, I did get some pic's - goto Click on News.

Tom - I met a couple of guys from PSP audioware (they actually got the pass for me). They are great. We've got to support them & buy all their plug-ins. They said software piraracy is hurting them.

They make the best stuff out there. I have almost all of their plugs, and highly recommend them. I'm not surprised about the piracy. What a drag that must be - you'd have to write your business plan on the assumption that half the users will be using pirated copies. Wonder what they could do about it?

Maybe we should start looking out for these bstrds and report them!

Did you check out the pics? Unfortunately, when I went back to PSP’s booth Antoni Ozynski was gone so I didn’t get his picture. He’s about 6’ 8"!!!

<!–QuoteBegin>

Maybe we should start looking out for these bstrds and report them!

I am being one of those bstrds mrsoul. So what are you doing to it? I will helps for you. I live in Colombia and anonymous proxy is being in China. What will you report and who will you being reported it to?

Well, che, it’s sort of a moral problem - called the “free rider” problem - also known as “theft” in some circles. That said, your situation is interesting - it illustrates a somewhat novel problem this sort of business has produced. What kind of solution would you suggest? ???

<!–QuoteBegin>

I am being one of those bstrds mrsoul. So what are you doing to it?

If I understand you correctly, you have an illegal copy of some PSP audioware plug-ins?

If so, for starters, I’d kick you in the b*lls in you were standing in front of me. These guys make great plug-in’s & don’t charge much for them. How about giving them some money for their hard work.
Quote (Mr Soul @ Jan. 23 2006,18:50)
for starters, I'd kick you in the b*lls

yeah yeah and music is love... ???

The thing about piracy…

Piracy on the high seas - dangerous, expensive, not big enough a payoff. Most countries just make you disappear if you are caught. It is VERY WRONG to commit such CRIMES.

Piracy on the web / software piracy - minimal risk, huge payoff potential, Most countries look the other way. IF you are caught, you pay a fine, get a lacky to do minimal jail time and get back to business It is VERY WRONG to commit such CRIMES.

So Mr. SHEE comes on here basically bragging about his ability to carry out such crimes freely… Good on you Mr SHEE. Don’t worry about Mr. Soul kicking you in the balls. He can’t kick what ain’t there. REAL MEN do honest work for honest pay.

D

<!–QuoteBegin>

yeah yeah and music is love…

This ain’t music Bub - it’s robbery. Pick your battles.

Of course it is, but what are you going to do about it, realistically ? Kicking some virtual Columbian in the nuts doesn’t strike me as a very bright idea…

You very funny person mrsoul. You come to my home and be kicking me in balls. Maybe I put AK47 up you ass and maybe I be giving you to women for toy.
Mister TomS please to be reading Marx.
Mister Diogenes in my country people to disapear for saying wrong thing to wrong person. In USA people to be hungry and other people being spend a thousand dollars on one food meal.
I am pirate and I am revolutionary best I am. Capitalism is the stealing and being murder of my brothers and my sisters and your brothers and sisters also.

Che’

Do I represent all that is bad in my government to you? Are you all that is bad in your government?

People are people. You and I both know what is right and wrong. You can not realistically blame me personally for my government any more than I can blame you or your children for your government. There are bad and good people everywhere and they are affected by other good and bad people who control their environment.

That said, you know it is wrong to steal and so do I. The fact that our governments steal everyday does not excuse any stealing we may do on a personal level. So try not to be so happy about your own personal wrongdoings. They do not do you or anyone else proud.

Not personal Mister Drguitar. I hack software but it is not being for me. It only being personal when America DEA spray corn field for poison in case it being cocaine and village die because no food. It only being personal when same America CIA give dollars and guns to murderer Pablo Escobar for to growing cocaine so to fight Marxist people. What does USA want? Does USA be wanting cociane or does USA not be wanting cocaine? USA be doing both and USA be killing people every time. USA people be good and USA people be bad also. Colombia people be good and Colombia people be bad also. But USA capitalism always being bad. Software piracy for America companies only being small part of war against capitalism. But Trotsky he says that war is made from many small battles.

Hey Che - I’m an American & I agree with you that capitalism is bad sometimes & that the US has done bad things, particularly to countries in CA & SA.

Che, it’s sort of funny, I’m accused of being a Marxist all the time, esp. in light of the topic of my Ph.D. dissertation: Marx’s legal philosophy. But think about the ethical implications of resistance to capitalism - there are limits, obviously, since the point is to bring about a truly equal global society. In this case you are harming some little guys who match the marxian idea of freely associated producers (they are the workers in this case!) and it will have only a negative effect politically. IN this case marxian revolutionary ethics prohibits using the products without paying for them.

:)

But I do appreciate the reply very much!

Tom? Is that a fancy @ss way of saying “Two wrongs don’t make right?” :D

D

Eyup!

Personally, I don’t see a need for software piracy.
Most commercial programs have a freeware equivalent. You just have to use a bit of effort and look for them. (or ask Marce, the freeware meister
:D )

Steve

I can’t believe you guys are debating yet another Ali persona.