I sold my Godin fellers... need opinions...

Twenty minutes past four o’clock? Chapter 4, Verse 20? Come on MAN! Throw me a bone here!?!?!? :laugh:

D

Get it now?

Got’s no use fer such thangs… but you knew that… :p

D

I figured the guys at the music store might’o had a toke or two before ya came in. I always get as freaky as I can around those folk. Start talking to guitars and ask why the drums just sit there?

Yeah… THEY might have four twentied or whatever… dunno… I treat 'em just like the guys at the car places…

Several years ago, my wife was hot after this little Nissan at this one dealership. We went over to check it out. Walked around and round for thirty minutes. After I finally got P.O.‘ed and hustled everybody back into the car, a sales dude came running out. We had seen them all standing around shootin’ the breeze when we pulled up… He flagged us down and I stopped and rolled the window down… “Hi folks! Can I help you?” “Noooo… You missed your chance slick. I WAS going to buy my little lady here that nice Pearl White Maxima over there… Apparently none of you guys standing around drinking coffee are interested in selling it to me. So we are going to look elsewhere.” I think I ran over his toes as I drove off… :p

There is not enough courtesy in the world IMO…

D

Ive had 3 Hagstroms in my lifetime,2 Swedes and a Hagstrom 3,which was my first new guitar.The local music shop sold Hags and Marshalls,infact it was the only place in Milwaukee to get a Marshall in the 60’s and early 70’s.When the Swedes came out in 73,I traded in my Hag 3,which was a Strat type guitar.Had that swede for 2 years untill it was stolen from a hotel room in Toronto.It was here my taste changed and I ended up buying a Tele Thinline(a 72,which they made a reissue of 20years later)When I returned home from that particular trip my wife to be presented me with a new Swede,but by that time I was biten good by the Fender bug and the Swede didnt come out of the case much.Fast forward 30 years,one day my oldest ,who plays guitar says"Hey Dad,can I have a whack at that Les Paul copy ya got?"
make a long story shorter,he falls in love with the Hagstrom and I end up giving it to him.Its as heavy as they come,all mahogany,smoothest distortion sound I ever had was that Swede through my ol 50 watt marshall.Back in the day us Hagstrom lovers were keen to tell ya who had the fastest playing neck of all.
Cant tell ya what a new one is like,Iknow for a fact that they are not built in Sweden any longer,but I have seen a few of them for sale on Musicians Friend and they look sweet.Good luck to ya

Thanks wozz.

The Hags are made in China now but just about all the reviews I have read are very positive. I’m looking for something a little less mainstream versus Epi LP’s and the like… I’ll see if I can lay hands on a few Hags before I buy.

D

I played a China Hagstrøm LP-lookalike unplugged, it was here in my house some time last year. It was OK for the price but didn’t really speak to me. It was set up with really skinny strings too, which didn’t help.

I’d like a cheapo Electromatic Gretsch Corvette instead, Megatrons 'n all. Visually it’s more like an LP Jr DC. Yay!

OOOOooooo-EEEEeeee-YYYYOOOOoooo-EEEEEEeeeee-OOOOOooooo-EEEEEEEeeeee-OOOOOOOO!!!

Err… whoops.

D

Quote: (teryeah @ Nov. 22 2008, 5:32 PM)

I played a China Hagstrøm LP-lookalike unplugged, it was here in my house some time last year. It was OK for the price but didn't really speak to me. It was set up with really skinny strings too, which didn't help.

I'd like a cheapo Electromatic Gretsch Corvette instead, Megatrons 'n all. Visually it's more like an LP Jr DC. Yay!

Hi Teryeah,

The Corvette fits the bill for not "run of the mill"... but I need a solid body, super sustainer, screamer... The Corvette has the Bigsby... nah... *shrug*

D - still lookin'
Quote: (Dubious @ Nov. 23 2008, 10:27 PM)

but I need a solid body, super sustainer, screamer...
D - still lookin'

Get a PRS Mira.

Yazzer! Hi Bud! Where ya’ been? ???

I hope to slip off to Guitar Sinner in Hotlanta or Chattanoogie soon… I’ll check out the PRS stuff but the Mira may be a touch out of my budget… We’ll see.

D

Quote: (TomS @ Nov. 14 2008, 3:18 PM)

Quote:

PRS Singlecut SE - great reviews but I'm a stickler for intonation and I just don't know how well that stop tail design they use is gonna work... ?

I have one of these, and i think it's great, esp. for the price, but your concern is valid - esp. way up high on the neck - it's one of those guitars where you have to adjust the intonation with you left hand while moving up and down the neck - I'd play one before buying - but they sound great...

Hey Tom!

I may have found a solution to this problem!!

LINK

A PRS Singlecut SE and one of those TonePros replacement AVT-II tailpeices might just be the ticket!

D

PS Another interesting LINK...

Just for the record, I set up a McCarty for a bud of mine with after market stop tail piece. The guitars tone went south.

Something about the PRS tailpiece that gives it that sound. I used a Peterson to check the intonation on 3 different PRS, 2 SE’s and a Mira, dead on the money. Easy to get the intonation also.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

PRS Setup Page

I’m telling ya D, ya need a Mira!

BTW. I’ve been around but too tired to type! Working actually sucks! :)

Thanks for the info Yaz. I’m gonna bang on a few before I buy. I really don’t have the jack for a Mira. Besides a two bucker git box, I need to finally get a MIDI controller like an M-Audio Axiom 49 or similar. Too many wants/needs… not enough cash.

I shoulda been born rich instead of soooo good lookin’!! :laugh:

D