I Still Wanna Be A Cowboy

I told ya’ll I was country…

I Still Wanna Be A Cowboy

Hi Poppa Willis:

That’s a great story line… The melody line is top grade…
and in the tradition and time frame that attracts my musical interests…
Great stuff…
How many tracks do have going there?

Bill…

Beautiful…
Thanks for that link…

Bill…

2 rhythms, vocal, bass, electric over bass, drums(one midi,lead guitar, 3 bkg vocals = 9

Glad you liked it Bill

Hi Poppa Willis:

I have the file as a 40,288kb .wav file…
but a dial-up takes so long to download.
It plays great in n-Track build 2313 v5.1.1

It’s so refreshing to hear that style as opposed to the current stuff that’s being played in the rotation…
It’s right there along with George and Allan…
You already know that…
If I was gonna be Smart here I’d say re-mix another two-track with some more Electric Guitar with a little less Verb on it…
It’s hard to say…
I don’t know what you are using to hear the mix.

It’s Bad-Ass of me to get in-between some-one and his project… I could never keep my tongue still… Sorry…

I can almost hear someone like Paul Franklin playing some lines on it…
There may be other steel players but I’d have to hear what their tracks sounded like…

I used Paul a lot when I was in Tennessee… we got to be close friends. Then he ran off on us and started playing with Mark Knopfler and the boys.

Last steel player I used was Lloyd Green - his simplicity blew me away, and gave me a renewed respect for all steel players.

I don’t have any more time to put into that tune though Bill - just one of those things I wanted to get out there. Thanks for the comments.

Hi Again:

I don’t know these studio people personally.
Of course you hear all kinds of stories regarding how these guys are to work with in the studio environment…
It’s too bad Leonard is not with us, up here anymore…
He knew all these guys …
most on a personal basis…
He bought some of his guitars from Bobby Seymour…
But last going off he bought guitars from a guy in Toronto…
I forget his name just now…
Isn’t that something… Bobby writes a news letter and posts it every month for those interested in Steel Guitars…
He’s quite the guy…
He posts stuff over on YouTube, as well…
He has his finger pretty well on the pulse of what’s going on in the music business, over there…
He lives up in Hendersonville…

Leonard could listen to any recording and could tell you who did the Steel and Dobro Tracks… One of my favorite Steel players was Tom Brumley…
Doesn’t that Date Me… ????

I guess you can tell I miss Leonard.

Bill…

Well, I’m an ignorant young 'un and don’t know beans about steel players, but that is really incredible Tommy, and you’ll forgive me for saying we are honored to have you hang with us, and anyway put the gosh derned steel thing in there 'cuz Bill is right on about that. I love that sound. :)

hmmmm… I’ll hunt Paul down and see if he’s free to come to Colorado… right.

I’m the one who’s blessed to hang out here T. I might learn sumpin’ before it’s all over.

As an Alison Kraus fan, I luv me the sound of (esp. Jerry Douglas’s) dobro. If you gots one of dem you could throw that on that great tune of yers there, 2.

Not been around for a bit (on holiday) so got a lot of listening to do…but wow Tommy…

No…really…what is there to fault here?

Can’t think of one single thing.
Even the false ending.
Brilliant.

…and don’t you dare say you ain’t no singer again…because along with the other stuff that’s some versatile voice you’ve got there.

Yep, the false ending is cool. Totally caught me.

Hi All:
I hear you… It’s tough to top the pristine voice of Alison and the Bow Touch of her fiddle playing… I don’t know these people… I’ve only ever heard their playing on CD’s and on the radio… It would be tough for that stage to go on without that Dobro as an instrument on their stage… Whatever happens to these guys… AND… Where is Brent Mason, these days… ????

Hey… The Eagles are coming to Town… this summer… Well, Magnetic Hill in Moncton, New Brunswick… Ticket prices start at $125.00 for the concert. If only I could afford the event… If you haven’t got your hotel room yet you’ll be sleeping in the back of the pickup truck…

Bill…

Man… that is great Poppa W! I’m not a big “Country” fan… well at least not what passes for “Country” these days. This tune has that “old school” C&W thing happening. Awesome song and great job all around.

:agree:

D

Thanx guys - 'preciate it.

I’d like to see you guys do a “Best of Made with n-Track CD”. Between a few of you fellows it wouldn’t take long to compile a CD with quite a good sampling of musical genres. Tom’s got enough material to do half a dozen CD’s by himself!

D

Well well - there’s an idea… Tom? You thinkin what I’m thinkin’?

Great idea D - be back later - I gotta get to solicitatin’…

I used to be a common tater now I’m a solice tater…

I wrote that once - speakin’ of stupid country titles… “I use to be a hot tomater, now I’m just a common tater.” (insert groans here)

About a year ago I said if we each put up a song and voted on them and found 15 or 20 we liked I’d spring for the cheapo CD duplication on it. Or it could be an mp3 CD, I guess…