I think I've had it!!!!!!!

sound on sound

I’ve tried just about every sound card combination possible- I removed omnistudio usb from my computer and still I can’t record without the other track being recorded at the same time - I had been a loyal N-Track user since version2 … but I am about ready to say F’ it and admit I just lost the cost of buying the new version and go find another studio app.
N-track used to be a very simple MUSICIAN friendly application. Now ya got to be some kind of techy to run it. If that’s the case now I might as well go buy one of the other studios.

Um, I can guarantee 100% this is an issue with the settings in your sound card’s mixer. It will make no difference what application you use (N-track, Cubase, Sonar, etc.) if you do not have the sound card set to route correctly, this will happen every time. If I remember from the other thread, you have an M-Audio sound card. Did you see Guy’s response? Did this not help? Have you checked the mixer to be 100% sure that you are not recording wave? N-track records whatever the sound card feeds to it and has no control over this. You have to set the sound card correctly. If Guy’s response didn;t help, I am sure there are plenty of other’s with M-Audio cards that can point you in the right direction.

I’ve had every version since the beginning of v3 and have never had this problem. i currently use v4 and still don’t. I’m with bubbagump, it’s not the software. you have something set wrong with your card, and until you figure it out, any software you use will do the same thing.

SUE! don’t give up it’ll work and you’ll be happy :;): I use the usb omnistudio with a d-man pci card. What card are you using? In n-trak I’m set up to record stereo using 2 mono tracks…that way I can disable the track I don’t use. I’ve set the omnistudio to asio drivers 2in4out. With all the expertise here I’m sure we can get you up and running… :cool:

Cheers
Cruiser

how come you don’t answer back? it looks suspicious…not sayin it is tho.
Cheers
Cruiser

I gather that Sue is on 4.0? Maybe she’ll be better off in 3.3? And yeah, would be nice if she replied back for followups. :)