I Think My I.D is Gone

woxnerw

I’ve spent the day looking into this issue…
I’m no farther ahead now than I was this afternoon…
Security may have gripped me by the short-and-curlies… Well…

Quote: (wox @ Aug. 30 2007, 6:26 PM)

I've spent the day looking into this issue.. I'm no farther ahead now than I was this afternoon.. Security may have gripped me by the short-and-curlies.. Well..

This might sound like a silly question but.....

Who are you?

keep shinin'

jerm :whistle:
Quote: (jeremysdemo @ Aug. 30 2007, 6:44 PM)

Quote: (wox @ Aug. 30 2007, 6:26 PM)

I've spent the day looking into this issue..
I'm no farther ahead now than I was this afternoon..
Security may have gripped me by the short-and-curlies.. Well..

This might sound like a silly question but.....

Who are you?

keep shinin'

jerm
:whistle:

Could there be a bug in the board's software?

I'm searching for a workaround, here..

It's going from Well.. Maybe I've been hi-jacked..

Bill..

Hmm… no, you have not evaporated into the ether Bill. Email Flavio and see if he can hook you up.

D

Hi Diogenes:

It’s been quite a trying day here…
It’s has required the maximum effort and all the discipline I could manage to " I’m searching for the correct words here "… It must be all there is to say…
The whole experience was pretty humbling…

I’m feeling beat up about now…
Maybe I’ll feel better in the morning…

Bill…
[EDIT]

I know…
Thanks… I see your print screen…
I was in there quite a bit over the past several hours…

[EDIT_01]

It began as a bookmark error to get to the Forum’s Opening Page… I double-clicked on the bookmark link
as always… But the browser just gave me a Blank Page… After that, I knew I was in trouble… The Bookmark-link I always used and worked for me up until now never gave me a "RIGHT-HAND Margin…
But now I have a RIGHT-HAND margin like I see in your print screen…
I’d really like to get a .cig type of link…
Is that what they’re called?

I figured it was you… :p

just that I’d make a funny to try and lighten up the mood… :laugh:

Glad to see all is well.

keep shinin’

jerm :cool:

Thanks jeremysdemo:

That was pretty close…
I know I was in it…
But I still can’t remember which direction the water was rotating as I was going down…

:p
:laugh:

Bill…

It’s most likely a funky cookie issue. Delet all cookies and try logging in again. (This is for anyone that has issues. I see that you are logged in finally, Bill.)

Thanks phoo:

Every time I made to attempt to register and with no success-or improvement, I deleted the cookies…
But then I started to refresh the browser, as well…
And that’s what I think got me logged on/registered as wox and wox_…

It was getting pretty close and I almost came to getting paper-and-pencil out and make notes of every keystroke-and-operation, I made…

I just checked my E-mail in-box…
I had 8-password renewals going at one time today…
Then I remember you saying about deleting the cookies…
I’d like to know what I did to trigger all this…

I wonder if the browser may be sharing some of this?
I was reluctant to go to v7…
But here I am…

There’s a lot of people that don’t want anything to do with Microsoft and their browsers-and-E-Mail applications…

Bill…

Quote: (woxnerw @ Aug. 30 2007, 9:48 PM)

There's a lot of people that don't want anything to do with Microsoft and their browsers-and-E-Mail applications..

Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird here..... not that I've really got anything against Microsoft, I just prefer the Mozilla offerings.

Saying that there are still a few "professional" sites that I bump into that do not play nicely with Firefox.

Glad you got things sorted Bill.

Hi XonXoff:
Whatever it was I’d say it was grinning me in the face but I was unable to see it… Just when you think you can tell everybody all about these things :laugh: as well as chewing at your ego and reducing you to mastering a mouse-and-keyboard, till the next time…

My/The data bank now contains ID and Password information that I’d like to clear and edit/remove to simplify matters… OR… There’s stuff in there that I’d like to remove…

However, I have no idea where to look for that information… and after all of that I’d like to take something positive from this episode and this is what I’ve learned from finding myself in this position…

Could it be called weathering? anyway…

I’d like to be able to discover why I’m unable to get this LAN up-and-running… My computers don’t want to have anything To-Do with one-another…

If that ain’t stirring the pot… I don’t know what is…

Bill…

Quote: (phoo @ Aug. 30 2007, 10:15 PM)

It's most likely a funky cookie issue.

A bottle of root beer to whoever comes up with a tune for "Do the Funky Cookie"
:)

HeeeeeY

TomS:

Do you want that done as Fats Domino Style?
OR Will Mississippi Swamp Style do?
I know several stages that can play perfect Dutch Mason Blues…
I mean Top-Grade, Blues…
I don’t know where they got it…
Maybe they are Dutchie’s Kids, in real life…
:whistle:
:)

Anyway, I’m back here and I think I have it all figured out…
The Network/LAN inactivity is a firewall config. issue…
Unless I have the firewall(s) turned OFF I am unable to get the LAN to communicate with the computers on the network…
To connect to the Internet I have to disconnect the LAN or trade off security while the LAN is in operation…
Without knowing if I can config. the Firewall(s) and I don’t know if I can do that, I can’t have both…

I’m connected to the Internet right now with the Studio P-4 with the Windows Firewall activated but with the LAN turned off… The other thing is, Panda and Window’s Firewalls don’t like co-existing together on a LAN…
My P-111 looks at it and then “Blue Screens”…

But it’s impossible to connect to the LAN this way…
The LAN just don’t speak to the other machines
or I don’t have permission …
I guess you can’t have both… As much as I hate to…
I am unable to have the Panda Security on one part of my set-up and AVG FREE on another part of it…Panda doesn’t want to compete on any terms with any other Security Application…
The same goes with any of the other brand names, so I’ve heard…

At least you couldn’t have a Live-on-Line Tracking or Mixing Session without being susceptible to being Hit…

So…
what’s the point in me gettin’ a Hi-Speed connection, anyway?
It sounds kindda Hi-Fetched…
but believe it or not, that stuff is being done these days…
A lot of Trackers and Producers aren’t going up-and-down the road with CDs and DVDs in their pockets anymore…

Bill…