I WANT TO TELL (NOT Y'ALL) YOU HONEY

New Blues Song

My dynamics aren’t much better in this one but I did put a change of pace segment in it that you should find amusing.
Lets face it guys, the world was built for women by suckers like us
:D
Pure blues, hope you like it.
I WANT TO TELL YOU HONEY

A true taste of Austin blues. Great sound (using headphones)
Well balanced and nice slide work. You really have settled into
a nice style. I may break out some Rolling Rock this weekend and
just listen to your stuff. Very cool.

Great guitar sound, Levi. Sexy middle chop:-)

:laugh: Yeah the middle made me laugh ..."mother natures way"..... :laugh:

Nice mix Levi. Seemed more spatial than your other stuff. You changed the way you mix? I like it.

Now...when you gonna write me some Disney pop? ???

Sugar…sweet…honey…I’m sort of hungry now. :laugh:

Cookie fingers are always hungry
:agree:

Spreader, I saw a guy with a new tatoo today.
It was cool! Consisted of a big mic with music notes flotin around his arm.
I asked if he was a musician and he said no, was just doing it to honor music! Wow! I said GREAT!
How much does a tatoo like that run?
He said $400. ! I asked that much?!, then he said; yeah it’s art!
Art is expensive!
I thought of you Craig :laugh: Craig, any project, anytime.
I like musical challenges

Thx Tony this one was fun to do!

Cheers 7! Thx I appreciate your focus point!

Playin this song at mixposure; did any of you notice how the next song “King Bee” jumped out of the player?
I like the mix on this pretty good but when I hear King Bee I think IT sounds more profressional.

WOW! Y’all know that I haven’t been to fond of Mastering.
And you heard me brag about the “King Bee” Mix being better than this mix. HaHa.
I remastered tonight and now it makes the King Bee Mix not quite as good. IMO I’m amazed and have definitely learned something about mastering.
I’m not saying that I’m a good mastering engineer because I’m flying by the seat of my paints.
But I am saying I’m understanding the process better and I definitely now know what to do to get better results.
Thanks to Bubba and Jason’s honest comments and suggestions.
I’m also enjoying it, if you can believe that!
All I wanted was to have the guitar, bass, vocal, kick and snare all equal in volume and clarity within the mix.
On the path to betterness, smoothness, coolness, spatialness and some bad ars sounds.
Steeped in Artsie fartsie
:agree: who knows maybe I’ll even find some time now to practice the guitar
:)

Nice slide work in there.

That stuff ain’t easy to play.

I’ve got a glass slide somewhere, but the notes always come out sharp or flat. And it feels like I’m suddenly playing another instrument that I’m not familiar with.
:laugh:

Quote: (GeoffO @ Jan. 14 2010, 11:04 AM)

Nice slide work in there.

That stuff ain't easy to play.

I've got a glass slide somewhere, but the notes always come out sharp or flat. And it feels like I'm suddenly playing another instrument that I'm not familiar with.
:laugh:

Thx G,
That's the tricky part with slide.
Playing a single note isn't to hard but you have to keep the slide parallel with the fret wires to keep intonation tolerable with gropings or cords.

Easier said than done!
Maybe in the future they’ll make bionic guitar hands where your brain can feel the end of the slide. Until then, for the benefit of my neighbors, I’ll skip the slide thing.
But hey, if you got it you got it.

I always figured the way around the intonation problem was to write stuff that sounds like it is supposed to be out of tune. It’s an effect! :)

Quote: (GeoffO @ Jan. 14 2010, 5:30 PM)

Easier said than done!
Maybe in the future they'll make bionic guitar hands where your brain can feel the end of the slide. Until then, for the benefit of my neighbors, I'll skip the slide thing.
But hey, if you got it you got it.

:laugh: it wouldn't be very long before you started parkin up next to the fret wires. I think the first slide riff that I learned to play was the intro to a Muddy Waters version of "You Know You Shook Me Baby" a willie dixon classic that led zep covered too. It only takes fallin in love with a riff.
Quote: (TomS @ Jan. 14 2010, 5:43 PM)

I always figured the way around the intonation problem was to write stuff that sounds like it is supposed to be out of tune.
It's an effect! :)

Haha, who does that? There is a detuning effect. It should be shot IMO and I'm not a violent person lol

It feels like forever since I had the chance to listen to some Levi tunes, it’s been way to long…

This is great hun, awesome classic guitar sound and it sounds like you had lots of fun in production. :agree:

Gracias Señora Mucho dulce

Well well, now that I’ve started to pay attention to rooms and eqing monitors. I’ve found this mix to be subpar lol :)~ Soo I’ll be re mastering it. But doubt that I’ll repost it :wink: