i wish....

i wish i had circular breathing.

why, pray tell, would a bassist require circular breathing, you ask?

fair question.

except the in-laws just got back today from australia and got me, you guessed it, a didjeridoo. well if that just ain’t the be-all end-all!
sounds great, but when i can only play it for 5-10 seconds, hard to build that atmosphere.

what do you wish for?

I wish Cotton was a monkey,

Wish I could sing the 2 words in ‘Shine on you crazy diamond’ that I can’t get right!

Yum yum, eatum up!

I wish I had the gumption to record.

My daughter has had a dij for 2 years or so. She got hers from one of those “Hippie Tents” at some outdoor festival. She can get it going for a couple of minutes then falls apart. I can’t play the thing at all.

I wish my wife had an interest in helping me in the studio.

Hi You:

I’m gonna be smart and make a suggestion or two…
Cause you all know me… :)
:p

You may have to jump a plane and go over there and take some dijie lessons…
and to see just how it’s done…
Get that credit card out…
:laugh:

My understanding is…
Ya gotta have a set of lungs the size of cabbage barrels…
and up your SmokE intake to about a pound a day…

Ask paco how yea do that…
Sorry paco…

A good dijie player is hard to find in these parts…

Bill…

p.s.
Go have a chat with duffman’s daughter…
Put your plastic away, at least for now…

i naturally have a low lung capacity as it is.

i wish i would start writing while i have this time, cuz when i get the audio interface i’m going to want to record, but will have nothing to record.

I thought circular breathing was more to do with cheek capacity than lung capacity?

Someone explained it to me that you inflate your cheeks (facial) at the end of the outward breath, then use that air to continue blowing while you fill your lungs again through your nose.

But, what do I know? My biggest problem is hoping that the amount of picks I have stuck to the body of the guitar will exceed the amount I drop during a number!

Quote:

But, what do I know? My biggest problem is hoping that the amount of picks I have stuck to the body of the guitar will exceed the amount I drop during a number!

Heh... yeah... I've had to finish a few tunes using my forefinger nail as a pick. I need to just learn to play Jeff Beck style. "Picks? We don't need no steenking picks!"

Quote:

didjeridoo

Izzat one o' them things you pull a waxed string through and it sounds like a female Bobcat in heat fightin' off unwanted male suitors? :laugh:

D

My wife has a didjeridoo that she bought in Australia many years ago and she can play it!

She told me that she trained for it with a glass of water and a straw - practicing blowing air from her cheeks while breathing in - took a long time to get it.

I’ve never had the patience.

Here you go JDET

Sun Arise…Rolf Harris

Rolf is much maligned by some of the trendy music fraternity cos he’s a family entertainer. However, the guy is a genius. Although he’s singing here, he can play the Didgeridoo and almost any other instrument you throw at him. Also a superb painter. Beefy Steve and I went to see him for a laugh once and turned out to be a very entertaining evening.

and this one…

Jimmy My Boy…Rolf Harris

DANG IT… :)