Still suffering from GAS… - no cure found yet? :p

regards, Nils
Quote (Nils K @ April 06 2006,06:54)
Just make sure you wear a wrapper so you don't get VST
LOL

Still suffering from GAS.... - no cure found yet? :p

regards, Nils
Nope - and that's just a pain in the ASIO

Btw - Bubba, what’s the sampling frequency and bit depth that the MOBO runs at ?

Bubba is not married Wihan… so the sampling is probably a higher rate than us old married geezers… bit depth? Er… personally I’m afraid my answer would come up short.

D

Hahahahaha !

I’m also told that it’s not totally the bit depth, but rather the throughput that makes a good DAW …

Is this thread ever gonna return to normal ?

After 7 years with the same lady… I might as well be married. Though you care much less about the sampling rate and much more about getting a good performance. :p

I worked and worked at IT and I still don’t have IT right…

The more you practice IT the the less you have to work at IT… to get IT right…

Well… that’s what I heard her say… Mabey she was talking about something else… ??? :O :laugh:

Bill…

Ya know, I have just started to use the complete 24 bit depth of my driver. But whenever I push the full 24, I get a grunt noise. So if I back down to 16 , I tend to get easier tracking and a more responsive result. As far as frequency, I find that 192K will help me get the result I want, whenever I want. And as far as wrappers, I don’t think I get the feel I want when I use them and I never like dealing with STD… er VSTs.

The funny thing is that even though I am married to a musician, I tend to do my best work alone. It just seems easier getting the job done more quickly when I am not spreading my attention too much. Focus is everything.

Uhhh…

Bumping back to stable COMPUTER rigs. :D

I guess in these cases longer latency is better. Nothing worse than a 4ms return. Just over too quickly.

2ms when using virtual instruments and no worry about catching VST. Yes applying virtual instruments is a good substitute if you are faSoft

Quote (StuH @ April 06 2006,18:49)
Yes applying virtual instruments is a good substitute if you are faSoft

Well done!
Quote (Bubbagump @ April 06 2006,20:33)
Quote (StuH @ April 06 2006,18:49)
Yes applying virtual instruments is a good substitute if you are faSoft

Well done!

YES INDEEDY! ROFLMAO!! :D :D :D

D