Importing / moving wav to position

Hello people,

I want to import a wav file to a point 20 seconds into my song… and I am quite sure it ought to be simple but I can’t work it out. I thought putting a marker in might help, to no avail. I have looked at every option I can conceive of to let me drag the track forward a little… but I am failing.

I had a look in the help file and though the information is surely there if you search for the right things, info on ‘move’ and ‘import’ did not help.

If anyone can take a moment to point me in the right direction you will save me a great deal of time. :)

I am still on 3.3 here.

Cheers

from the file menu select import wave file. Down near the bottom you will see a box labeled “with offset”. It’s divided into Minutes:Seconds:Milliseconds. Enter in 20 for the middle value (0:20.00). Select your wave file, click open and you should be set.

Thankyou very much for the rapid reply. :)

You are just in time for me to get back to it before it’s ‘headphone time’ around here.

Now back to the grind.

Cheers :wink:

Another way to do this is to open up the wave files selection window (found in the “view” menu), navigate to the place where your wave file is saved on your hard drive, and simply drag it over into the timelime and drop it where you need it.

Phryg

Maybe overlooked this tidbit. After you get the wav into your project, turn off the grid(yellow icon like this #) then click on the 4 arrow icon and you can nudge(click&hold) the wav right and left to suit. Just click on the regular arrow icon to turn moving off. I suggest enlarging the wav’s to make this easier. :D

Quote (uncoiled @ Nov. 01 2004,16:28)
from the file menu select import wave file. Down near the bottom you will see a box labeled "with offset". It's divided into Minutes:Seconds:Milliseconds. Enter in 20 for the middle value (0:20.00). Select your wave file, click open and you should be set.

I have just posted a new topic regarding the move issue. I thought that I would search the forum for this topic and I found your reply. I am importing clips and then use the move tool to adjust the timing of the clip. The lower status bar does display the minutes:seconds:milliseconds to aid in moving the clip but the problem is that the millisecond field is only two digits in length. As far as I know there are 1000 milliseconds in one second thus the field should be 4 digits in length. When I try to position the clip I do not have enough resolution to position the clip accurately. Any thought?