Importing WAV file and copying, Help!

I was wondering if it is possible to import a WAV file and then copy it to the same channel. Eg; if I import a 5 second sample and then copy it, it copies to another channel. I want to know if you can do the same with an audio file as you can with a midi file and copy it to the same channel. If this is not possible then all of my samples are useless!!! Please help.

Sharpie.

Don’t know how to answer that. Waves don’t use nor require channels at all. Try restating what you are trying to do. That said, it’s trivial to copy a way track and have both play at the same time.

Quote: (Sharpie @ Mar. 03 2009, 3:39 PM)

I was wondering if it is possible to import a WAV file and then copy it to the same channel.
Eg; if I import a 5 second sample and then copy it, it copies to another channel.
I want to know if you can do the same with an audio file as you can with a midi file and copy it to the same channel.
If this is not possible then all of my samples are useless!!! Please help.

Sharpie.

Paste your sample on a track and explore click-drag, shift, click-drag etc... Looping samples is pretty easy.

D
Quote:

I want to know if you can do the same with an audio file as you can with a midi file and copy it to the same channel.

First - you may be confusing track vs. channel. But to answer your question, you can for instance drag a 5 sec loop from a folder directly to an empty space on the timeline, grab that sample by the right edge, and drag new duplicates of the sample. Then, if you hold the CONTROL key down while selecting one of the duplicates, you can drag that individual duplicate anywhere you want, including up or down to another track.
Also - you can select several/all duplicates with the SHIFT key and drag just like a single duplicate. (with the CONTROL key)
Channel is usually and audio source/destination (like left or right channel). Track is a physical representation. (Therefore track can recieve from or send to a channel).
Not strictly true, but generally.