Improvement Suggestion?

I have no beef with the level of control of the mixer. Really the whole package is very easy to use and layed out well I’d just like to see the Mixer sliders longer with db incremented markings that better resembled a mixer and a little more like other programs I have used.

Really it works fine the way it is and I’m sure the space-saving design of the current look might benifit more people and that mey have been the idea. I run N on two monitors so I might be ignoring space issues too noe that I think about it. Again, I really like N-Track. I have a project studio at home and do commercial work and produce the occasional garage band demo. I had primarily used Cubase and Tracktion. I have always had N and have always purchased the major upgrades and soon realized this package could very well replace my other software… It has… I’m nearly finished with my bands third CD and I have used nothing but N. I am hooked! All of my VST and plugins I have purchased run flawlessly.

Flavio has a great thing going here and I’m sure he appreciates user comments for improvement… Keep it up!

You do realize that you can resize the mixer so that the sliders are as long as can fit on the screen don’t you? This doesn’t resize the AUX sends, but the track, subs, and virtually all other volume sliders will fit to the size of the mixer.

I’m using dual monitors as well. Ive got the timeline on my large CRT and the mixer on a smaller LCD. Works well. My only mini-beef is that when I go to the mixer to adjust something, the keyboard playback controls (space to start/stop etc) don’t work until I click on the timeline in the other monitor.

Quote (vanclan @ May 10 2006,00:08)
Oh, and how about a manual update? (the pdf file, I mean).

I agree. With all the new improvements and additions a updated manual would be nice.

Also (I know this topic has popped up a number of times) the ability to use skins would be great as well as reduce the complaints many have about the way Ntrack looks. I would love to be able to go online and download or create skins that fit my personality. I am not a programer but it seems that making a program skinnable is a difficult and time consuming task. If it was not I am pretty sure this option would have been incorperated by now.

On the line of improvements, whatever happened to that “talent button” that was suggested a long time ago? :D

Quote (vanclan @ May 15 2006,12:26)
On the line of improvements, whatever happened to that "talent button" that was suggested a long time ago? :D

Flavio gave it to me in a special build... I broke it... :(

D -- no hope at all...

Flavio sent me over a Bata Build of IT the other year… I was gettin pretty good with IT till I slipped on a spot of greese and I dropped IT… I tried puttin IT back together with crazy glue, but my eye-sight is worse than my hearing… Too bad… I guess… IT all happened so fast… :O ??? :(

Bill…

Talent knob would be great. Or a suck knob that I can turn down a bit would be great too.

I’ve probably found a cure, not for talent, but for bad pitch and poor timing… - Melodyne Uno. (Celemony)

I’ve been playing with the demo a bit while waiting for the package to arrive, and I am suitably impressed by the features at the price (although I think the asking price for the Studio or cr8 versions are ripoffs… :angry: )

Apart from the fact that the demo cannot save, and goes ‘blreep!’ at random intervals, this one works well. I can think of zillions of applications for it, ranging from fast vocal harmony creation over subtle pitch correction to quantizing live-recorded percussion tracks. Can’t wait until I get my hands on the real stuff… :D

regards, Nils

EDIT The package arrived at my doorstep yesterday. It’s like christmas all over again… - thank heaven for GAS… :D