Impulse Response Construction

Looking for Advice

Hi n-Trackers:
I have cut out some Clips of this Sun Record Interview now… I think I’m close at attempting to dissecting these clips and constructing some Impulse Responses…

I have recorded these clips using n-Track v4.2.1 b 2099 directly from the digital audio files from the DVD they were written on… or as close to the digital audio format as I can get from the DVD… Who knows what the manufacturing/recording process to the DVD is-or-could have been? At the moment these files are 44.1khz, at 16-bit res. Before I take this project to the next step I’ll post a sample clip as an mp3 file to give you an idea of what I have here…

I’m looking for some ideas from you that might get this project along to the next stages and to the finished product, so I can post them for our use. I know there are some of us that use S.I.R … and Impluse Responses and maybe other IR applications…

What do you think? Guys??

In a reply, I’ll post some of these mp3 compressions, for you to critique…

Bill…

Hi Again:
I’ve been busy… I got an I.R. Sample posted… It runs about 3.some odd seconds long. Maybe it doesn’t have to be that long. I made the edit that long by a copy-and-paste of a 33kbs. file. The file now is some 800 kbs. long… Maybe too long. I tried it out on a snare track using the SIR utility v1011 and adjusted some faders on the S.I.R utility’s screen…

It could be that this is just a waste of time…

The link to the Sample is Here If some of you who is interested would give this Sample a try to see what you hear and then offer some critique that would be just great…

Bill

SORRY… That link didn’t work… I should have tested it before I posted…
Anyway, try this one…

I’m still working on this link… here " target="_blank">http://members.lycos.co.uk/woxnerw…]

Too bad I am unable to edit my posts after the fact…

Bill…

No Worky… AND I’m unable to edit these posts.
I’ll try something else… and then come back here.

Follow this link… Go to SunIR Samples then do a “Save As” … of the sample…
See if that works…

Try This link

MmAaNn… All-of-that-for-All-of-That…

Bill…

O.K. There are two Sun Recording IR Samples there now. The Noise_Floor_mix01 .wav is the unedited sample… It’s 33kbs. in size.

Bill…