IN CASE YOU MISSED IT 2

plaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy it again Sam

do this - insert track - doubleclick in track to open its properties -

on the properties panel look for the SPEED ARROWS - above these is the present setting (1.00) clck on the speed text to open the dropdown menue - at the top of the list you will again see the present speed - click on that and a small box will appear, here you can type in and alter the speed of the track in 0.01 steps -

this opens more opportunities for track manipulation - THE HIDDEN POWER OF N is in its abaility to treat spliced areas (tracks that have been cut) as independent items - so by double clicking in a spliced section will opems the properties for that section so by cutting sections of a track you can alter the speed of that section and leave the speed of the rest of the track unaltered -

as changing the speed will atlter the length of the spliced section you will have to move the other parts of the track back into position - RIPPLE EDITING WOULD BE GREAT HERE- ONE DAY who knows ?

for the more advanced user - try dropping the (complete) track to half speed, then splice it up and change the pitch of each section - half speed +12 pitch shift is quite interesting -

M.R.

Yep - independent part speed has some potential. I agree with the needed option of Ripple edit.

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Dec. 16 2008, 8:22 AM)

I agree with the needed option of Ripple edit.

BOTH per SELECTED TRACK(S) and GLOBALLY please... :agree:

D

What do you guys use ripple edit for? I have yet to find a use for it.

Mostly for massive “slip” editing when comp’in ideas together. It’s pretty doggone handy…

D

Takes the hand job editing guess work and snap to grid goofiness away on bigger cuts.
It’s no biggy, just handy when you need it once or twice a month.