Insert audio file at any position?

How to insert an audio track

Good morning,

I use n-Track for producing podcasts, which works very well. So the usual procedure is to place text and music in two different tracks. Whenever I import an additional part this will be placed in a new track at position 0:00. So I have to move this snippet to the end of the regular track. As the shows are up to two hours long, this takes time.

Is there a way to import an audio file and place it at the end of a track automatically? Or any chance not to go back to 0:00 and move the snippet to the right place, which is the end of the current project?

Thanks,

Rainer

Quote: (Rainer @ Jun. 19 2012, 3:30 AM)

Good morning,

I use n-Track for producing podcasts, which works very well. So the usual procedure is to place text and music in two different tracks. Whenever I import an additional part this will be placed in a new track at position 0:00. So I have to move this snippet to the end of the regular track. As the shows are up to two hours long, this takes time.

Is there a way to import an audio file and place it at the end of a track automatically? Or any chance not to go back to 0:00 and move the snippet to the right place, which is the end of the current project?

Thanks,

Rainer

Importing a file will always place the part at the start. You can however place the part where ever you like. Place the time line where you want the part to start, highlight the part and right click and select "place part at cursor". You can also set the time clock to set the position of the timeline cursor for more precise placement of the timeline cursor.You can also simply drag it into position.

PACO

Hello Paco,

yes, this makes it much easier.

Thanks a lot,

Rainer